Some opinions please...... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 08:31 PM
ARMY MOM!!!!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to korg70kbc
Wink Some opinions please......

Hello,
I've been working on my truck, basic maintenance stuff the mechanic neglected, so now on to the FUN STUFF!!!!!
What does everyone rec : 1999 f250 SD diesel 4X4 stock tires towing boats & probably a 5th wheel soon

1. I NEED gauges, but was thinking along the lines of Edge product maybe with a attitude (LOL) or ? I want as many parameters covered as possible without all the crap all over the cab. I'd like better fuel mpg & the ability to keep an eye on any overheating issues....One of the reasons I wanted the Edge product, was that it covered what I wanted, yet was a reasonable price. Edge 13000 is what I've been looking at, but my mechanic says they suck, but, he's not a powerstroke fan, so I need a opinion from u PEOPLE!

2. Rear shocks--whats good? Ranchos or Bilstein? if I spelled it wrong, oh well, still learning brands & just trying to get upgrades.

3. What other aftermarket items are GOOD or GREAT to invest in? ESP, if it involves fuel mpg increase!!!

4. What are good aftermarket fog lights that aren't high $$$$? I plan on dumping the $ into gauges or programmer

5. How can I get the rusty areas under my truck in better shape? LOL! Do the Eastwood products work, or another brand or ????? this is waht I'm looking at
Eastwood's Gloss Full Frame and Suspension Kit

6. Good/cheap place to get the nicer headlights for this year? The ones with OUT the yellow on them!
OR
A GOOD !!! upgrade for the bulb in the headlight? Mine is getting to be a bit faded & I need more light...

Any help would be helpful. ESP, if u have a f250 super duty! I'd like some 1st hand knowledge of any of these products on this truck is appreciated.

Remember, that I have asked for help on other sites, like for end link bushings, I was steered wrong! I got the energy suspension bushings....they did NOT fit my truck....so, f250 knowledge is REALLY helpful, as I do NOT know if u r wrong about size etc. And thats costing me time & $$$$ I could use on goodies!!! So, vasically, if I go with what u recommend, its REALLY helpful if its the right size/specs as I order per what I'm told will fit!!!

Thanks a million in advance for any input or knowledge u may share with me!!!
Laurie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Bird is the Word

as far as performance, the only way to go on the 7.3's are the custom tuned chips, such as dp, or the tw chip, don't even waste your $$ on the edge
Old 12-30-2008, 08:42 PM
ARMY MOM!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloverLeafFarm View Post
as far as performance, the only way to go on the 7.3's are the custom tuned chips, such as dp, or the tw chip, don't even waste your $$ on the edge
thats what my mechanic said, but I have to trust u guys!! THanks.
Do u have a preference?
And what is tw????
on ur DIY intake.....does that make it louder?? Not wanting to be any louder if possible, just better performance/monitoring is what I'm after
Old 12-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Bird is the Word

what you need to do is pm Raul@Stealth-Automotive, he is the expert w/ our trucks and he will tell you how to set yours up
Old 12-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Bird is the Word

And also, check out the Forums 99-03 section under the 7.3's because that's where some info is
Old 12-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

dont get edge i had it on my truck for 10k miles and it made my tranny take a **** on me.go with the tw or dp you will be happy.
Serving Our Country!

Location: Little Rock Air Force Base,Arkansas and North Augusta,South Carolina
A tw is a Tony Wildman chip, the intakes are a little louder, but work wonders over the stock intake, if you tune your truck you NEED gauges, pm me and I will tell you about gauges. Need to go with an exhaust for a best combination of direct bolt on not much of a hassle mods.
ARMY MOM!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloverLeafFarm View Post
And also, check out the Forums 99-03 section under the 7.3's because that's where some info is
thank u, I'll do that then
Old 12-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
ill take a shot at this...

do not do edge... ran it on my truck and hated it... esp the juice

def go with a custom tuned chip like the TW and a set of analog gauges... we have package deals on both...

you will also need a better intake and a exhaust system...

another suggestion is to upgrade your valve body with one from BTS or JW..

as far as your headlights go... you can go HID's and they will be way brighter and last a lot longer...

please let me know if you have any questions

-Raul
Old 12-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Serving Our Country!

You may like the Stewart Warner gauges from Summit, they come as a set- EGT, Boost, Trans for like $225, choice of black or white face. For your possible 5th wheel, I would suggest AirLift bags and the SmartAir controller, fully automatic. I tow a 36' 12K 5th wheel and the bags help SO much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.