Who's Got Snow!? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 10:38 AM
The Screwy HEUI

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Who's Got Snow!?

Rhode Island finally had it's 1st snowstorm, & it's nice & thick & still snowing pretty strong! Most of the woodsy neighborhoods in RI are THE last places for a snowplow to hit them, so(besides the block I live on), I found one not too far from my house, threw it in 4-dubya-dee, switched over to Street, & had the time of my life! I didn't have this much fun last winter(probably because last year Heavy was bone stock!). The only problem I had was taking a corner too fast & almost completely lost it. My wife(a.k.a- my Spotter), got out of the truck & pushed it while I backed up & we got it out of the mini-ditch it fell in. Otherwise I took all the curves sideways, fishtailed up streets/hills while rolling coal, & didn't get stuck all without incident. Who else has snow? Anyone out in New England? Let's hear some stories, anyone across the US, Canada, etc.!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

We had a pretty good ice storm here in Ohio. The roads where I live are not touched so they are still ice covered the next couple days after it. Its fun to drive in but gets old after awhile. fish tailing is way to easy lol even when not trying. My road is literally like a ice rink right now so 4x4 is my best friend.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

We have 10+ inches on the ground right now, that wasnt here a week ago.

Here, being northern Idaho.

Just north of us they are breaking all kinds of snowfall records for the area.

How about 4+ inches per hour? 36" in one weekend

That, and the entire 10 day outlook call for solid snow.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to ford_trck
We don't have much snow right now. My mom just got 12 inches the other day. We do have Ice though, I'll pass it your way

Playing in the snow is always fun specially when your in a 22ft long truck. The only other thing I can say is fun is drifting in a tandem dump truck on ice, now that is some fun.

Here are some pics from the ice storm.

This is the 1st picture I have ever taken of this truck

Here is my buddies house. He has a 95 PSD. Those branches are on his power and cable lines they are both still hooked up to the pole and his house and they are touching the ground in the middle

Old 12-20-2008, 11:05 AM

I'm in the NW. Got 4in on the ground now, calling for alot more.
To put into prospective, some years we get no snow. Toes are cold.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Fun last night in the snow at 4 in the morning YouTube - durango in the snow doing cyclones
Old 12-20-2008, 02:32 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_trck View Post
Here is my buddies house. He has a 95 PSD. Those branches are on his power and cable lines they are both still hooked up to the pole and his house and they are touching the ground in the middle
Man! That's some serious tree damage!
Old 12-20-2008, 02:49 PM

Im up in Minot, ND and we have over ten inches and i went a tore it up on my sled this afternoon. Maybe ill get some pics tomorrow
Old 12-20-2008, 03:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to ford_trck
Yea there are still chainsaws running all over. One guy around the corner had branches up against his front and back door. He had to get out of his house through a window. He was going to go to work and there was a good sized branch blocking his car in the drive way. I asked him what sign he needed to stay home from work today.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:19 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_trck View Post
Yea there are still chainsaws running all over. One guy around the corner had branches up against his front and back door. He had to get out of his house through a window. He was going to go to work and there was a good sized branch blocking his car in the drive way. I asked him what sign he needed to stay home from work today.
It's amazing of what a snow will do! I used to live in an area where they had to barricade certain roads before major storms hit. It wasn't because of what condition the snow would make the roads, but because of all the huge evergreens that went on for miles in these areas. Every year you'd hear about either a car getting damaged or a person getting hurt. There was even a fatality one year. It costed the town a crapload of money to cut back what they could to make the roads safer. The problem is, these trees just go on forever. They're supposed to have been doing some more treescaping, but driving by there today, it doesn't seem like they've been doing much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.