Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

whats needed to clear 325/70/16s

695 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  slowleak 
#1 ·
I have a friend that is going to give me a set of 325/70/16 nittos on rims. I have a 2001 4X4 extended cab with no lift. What am I going to need to clear these tires?

Thanks

Todd

#2 ·
that's a pretty odd size, are you sure it's not 305/70R16?

if it's 305s, you can fit them without any lift or add a leveling kit if you want more clearance. if it's 325s, you'll need a 2-3" leveling kit, but i've never heard of that size before.

#3 ·
The tires are a liitle bit older. I did not see them on the Nitoo website but my buddy told me thats what they are. He took them off to run 20's and they are just sitting in his garage with almost full tread on them. The guy at 4wheel parts says I need a 4 inch lift but that does not sound right? Are there any leveling kits that are better than others? How much rougher does the add a leaf kit make it ride or is a replacement spring pack the way to go?

#5 ·
Replacement springs, add-a leafs, or spring packs are all going to make your ride a little stiffer. My leveling kit has new leaf springs, and after a year on the truck its feeling close to stock again.

Your other option is shackles and hangers. Your ride doesn't really change because they keep your stock leaf springs, so you're good as long as your springs haven't sagged out.

It doesn't seem like any of the kits are too much different. the only thing to consider is if you go as high as 3", you might find that your front end looks higher than the rear, and might need new rear bocks.

#6 · (Edited)
at least a leveling kit if you don't want to cut anything. What kind of backspacing do the new rims have? You might need to worry about rubbing. A 4" lift would give those tires a nice look though.

#7 ·
you can fit them stock with the right trimming. you might even be able to get away with not cutting anything. only one way to find out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.