Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

228,00 new oils???

662 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  7.3powerstroke2000 
#1 · (Edited)
I got an 2000 7.3 dually 4x4 6 speed with 228,000 miles on it. I'm thinking about changing all of the fluids, what do ya'll think, and what should I do first to get it to blow smoke the right waly. I'm already buildin an intake. It also has a hundred horse chip on it. Should I get a 5inch exhaust or a 4inch. Will the 5inch be to big or what???

Any tips I sure would appreciate it.:thumb::icon_ford:

#2 ·
I have the 5" on mine,it does what I wanted.I love the sound.I also have heard that the 4" is all one needs and the 5"might be and issue on a dually around the spare tire area.

#3 ·
EVery vehicle I buy used I start by changing all fluids and filters, hoses and belts. You don't need a exhaust unless yours is rotted out, just replace the factory muffler with a full flow like the Walker BTM. If you don't have gauges don't use that chip!! What type of chip is it anyway? I woudln't of purchased a truck that ran a chip with no gauges, but it's to late now. Before you run a chip or programmer you need Gauges, exhaust and intake mods to flow more air,
Support auto trans with a Valvebody

Welcome to the ORG!!!

#4 ·
get some gauges on it for sure... EGT gauge is highest priority, you won't need the exhaust if yer burnin' holes in yer pistons...

#6 ·
Well, the truck was my dads, and I've been around that truck since he bought it bran new. He don't hot rod it very much at all. He only blows smoke when he has a trailer on. My best friend gave me that chip off his old powerstroke. The main reson he had it on their is for mpg. I'm puttin gauges on their(trany, pyro, boost). I know I could get by with two, but I love the way three gauges look. Intake is done, I'm thinkin about stacks(8inch) and I'm also thinkin about just puttin a single out the back. Thats why I asked about the size. The spare tire is not a problem for me to take out. Before I bought this truck I had a three quarter ton chevy flat bed with a 350 in it. 4 speed. The dually is good truck, with no doubt in my mind. Purty too.:hehe: My wish list: change all of the fluids, get the exhaust done, the 05 converstion, head ache rack, recon cab, dually fender, and running lights, 08 mirrors, new camo seat covers, radio, gauges, injectors and a intake elbow. Thats alot I know but I'll get her done.:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.