lots a mods but power not right - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lots a mods but power not right

Ok this isn't my truck but my buddies here is the question..... he has a 2000 f350 with a turbonetics stage 3, 100 hp injectors, ts preformance, airrad intake, 5 inch exhaust with a 6 inch tip, on 40s with 488 gears. Know i have an 01 f350 on 37s with 430 gears and a dp chip and i can beat him by about a truck length everytime. would unlugging his waste gate help or hurt his turbo any answers....he isnt trying to make his truck a "race truck" we just dont understand what the deal is...thanks for all the help
Zach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokethis9 View Post
Ok this isn't my truck but my buddies here is he question..... he has a 2000 f350 with a turbonetics stage 3, 100 hp injectors, ts preformance, airrad intake, 5 inch exhaust with a 6 inch tip, on 40s with 488 gears. Know i have an 01 f350 on 37s with 430 gears and a dp chip and i can beat him by about a truck length everytime. would unlugging his waste gate help or hurt his turbo any answers....he isnt trying to make his truck a "race truck" we just dont understand what the deal is...thanks for all the help
Zach
tell him to dump that generic chip and get a custom tuned chip that will take full advantage of his mods....

he needs something that is tune dto his bigger turbo and injectors.. the TS chip is tuned for a regular truck.....

-Raul
Old 12-13-2008, 07:03 PM
a truck

Yeah thats what I was gonna say, he needs some custom tunes so he can take full advantage of all those mods
Old 12-13-2008, 07:03 PM

yeah he wants to get a dp tunner thats what i told him cause how it shifts it falls on its face
Old 12-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
yeah he wants to get a dp tunner thats what i told him cause how it shifts it falls on its face
yah its not pushing enough fuel into it.... is he running any gauges? how about any trans mods? that trans is not gonna hold up worth crap to that much hp... he needs to start saving for a fully built trans sometime very soon too....
Old 12-13-2008, 07:09 PM

yeah he has gauges as far as tranny he has a stock tranny with a bullydog shift kit or something like that....what about the wastegate should he pull it off or leave it on cause he seems to think pull it off i told him i didnt think it mattered
Old 12-13-2008, 07:13 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blowinsmoke4life
Quote:
yeah he has gauges as far as tranny he has a stock tranny with a bullydog shift kit or something like that....what about the wastegate should he pull it off or leave it on cause he seems to think pull it off i told him i didnt think it mattered
he might get a few more pounds of boost but its not gonna awakin his trucks performance he needs to get the ts chip reburned with tony wildman or go to a dp either way he jus needs custom tunes
Old 12-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
it wont matter

just tell him to stop trying to do small stuff like that and just get a DP or TW chip that is custom tuned to those mods.. make sure he tells them about the BD shift kit too so it gets tuned to that.....

but seriously... with the power hes gonna be making he should start saving up for a fully built BTS or JW trans that is gonna be in the 5k+ range

-Raul
Old 12-13-2008, 07:16 PM

sorry but does he need to worry about head studs...i told him he may have to worry about it but i really do not know
Old 12-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
sorry but does he need to worry about head studs...i told him he may have to worry about it but i really do not know
not really on a 2000 7.3L... i cant remember what the cutout time was for the PMR rods though..... either way hes only gonna be int he 400hp range to the wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.