Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Help up-pipe trouble

635 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dhanna6powerstroke 
#1 ·
Hey everyone thanks for the advice on changes my up pipe donuts. I got out there and changed the drivers side with no problems. I am stuck on the passenger side because I cant get the down pipe out of the way. I have a MBRP 4 inch TB and I cant get any of the sections to come apart. I am sure some one has had this problem and can give me so advice. Thanks in Advance. O I sprayed the joints and down into the downpipe with PB blaster in hope that it would help. I will get back at it in the morning.

#3 ·
As a last resort you can cut the pipe and get a flat clamp to put it back together. They work great and you won't have to worry about any exhaust leaks either. Most big rig places carry them. I dunno if any auto stores keep them.

#4 ·
No the down pipe is inside the next section but that does give me the idea I can use a cutoff wheels and cut slits in that section if I had too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.