What do you think about this? (kinda long) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What do you think about this? (kinda long)

So, my wife has her mom, her sisters, their kids, my kids , just a whole house full of women and kids over to make holiday cookies and stuff. What am I going to do..... I know! Spend the day in the garage! So i'm working on my '02 PSD,. I had a turbo back 4" exhaust w/5" tip put on last week. And now its time for some DIY mods. First the 10K mod. Done. Then the doo-dad thing for the airbox. Done. Now the foil delete thingy, I pull the pipe out, get all the foil off spend the next 45 minutes with a rag and acetone cleaning the sticky off. Now this is where it get silly? I'm just checking things out, you now just looking at this mechanical masterpiece when I look into the intake tube at the turbo and the impeller fins are all bent and chewed up . Now I'm still a newbie to this turbo thing but I know thats not the way their supposed to look.I bought this truck used from Ford about 2 or 3 months ago and other than the 2" leveling on the front and the brush guard the dealer took off I know nothing of its history or what the PO had done with it. If the circus wasn't in the house I would've had a camera to take pics with so no pics. Now I have 75,000 miles on this and was told that the motor is covered for 100,000 miles. If I take this to the dealer will this be covered? Its runs fine and I've had no problems or funny noises or vibrations .So if I took it to the dealer what would I say?? Or should I just but one of those wicked wheels and change it myself??? Thanks Kelly Oh and one more thing, the belt had a little squeek so I put some belt dressing on it and now it has a BAD squeek:rain: The belt only has about 2,000 miles on it. What should I do? Thanks Again....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the answer to your question is......

First of all...check your airbox for broken tabs. Eitehr one of the three right by the passanger fender may be broken...or the one that the metal latch goes to right by the battery may be cracked. Eitehr way those "serrated" looking turbo fins were caused by dirt ingestion. If your not noticing any problems with the truck running it like that will not hurt anything further...BUT i would clean everything between the filter and the turbo well to clean out any dirt.

As far as warranty goes....that would be considered neglect...weather you did it or the prior owner and no...they will not cover the repair if the turbo fins are chewed up.....
Old 12-10-2006, 04:22 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First go in the house open the fridge and get a cold one!
while your in there snag some cookies too!

then if you still have warranty let the dealer replace the turbo wheel, even if you install wicked wheel later, you can use that money for other power mods!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.