Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Baad day.

715 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  NCHornet 
#1 ·
Someone tried to break into my truck today :doh: They tried to use the old flat head screw driver to the lock trick but they did not end up getting in. They broke the handle pretty good, and put a good sized dent in the door:(
Im very lucky that they did not get into the truck. The door still locks from the inside and with the alarm so im glad i wont have to replace anything besides the handle.

This all happened right in front of my house in the middle of the day! I was home for lunch for less than an hour!
Whats this world coming to :dunno:
I HATE theifs!!! :rod::blast2:

Here are some pictures i just took with my phone, ill get some more up tomorrow when its light out and i can use a real camera.

I think i will be investing in some Jimmy Jammers. Is there anything else you guys suggest?
Any suggestions on fixing the dent in my door?

Boy this sucks. I hate it when people touch my truck, more so some JACK@$S with a screwdriver!
:why-me:

See less See more
#3 ·
Same thing happened to me a few months ago. Broke in and stole my 50 dollar radio; left the harness. Tried to screwdriver the lock cylinder; when that failed; they broke the handle. Made a small dent. I ordered a new handle (it was 'Replacement' brand.) and just cut a steel slug for the lock cylinder. Other than the color being off on the no-name handle; its hard to tell it was broken in to.

#4 ·
They did my truck the same way a few months back.I know how you feel it sucks. Ford said the locking cylinder comes in fifty pieces and the average joe couldnt do it.I would like to find a handle with lock and key.I have the keyless entry so i havent fixed it yet .Keep use updated on how you fix it i need all the help i can get.Thanks.

#6 ·
They make a kit that allows you to key a single cylinder; and it is about 30 bits. I watched the dealer tech install one when my tailgate was customized by an Acura. They aint lyin; its not for mere mortals. Thats why i cut a slug for my handle. I could have ordered a replacement handle without the lock hole at all though :doh:

#5 ·
sorry to hear that man lucky he didnt get away with it tho

#7 ·
Some will put the rear crew cab handles on thinking they are protected because there is no lock, but this isn't how the pro's get into Superduties, they will usually go between the handle and the door and break in that way. The Jimmy Jammers will help, but they aren't 100%, but it will take them a lot longer and most thieves give up if they can't get in within a few sec, at least the smart ones. Not that there is such a thing!!! Dirt bags, replacement handle and the body shop for the dent, it's about all you can do. Down in the Southern states near Mexico the Superduties are the #1 stolen vehicle as it is used to smuggle people and drugs across the border. Where do you live? Just be glad they didn't get the entire truck!!

NCH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.