Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Elite diesel chip or TW chip?

789 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  dieselcrawler 
#1 ·
I bought my 2000 PSD with an Elite diesel chip. The chip has a stock, high idle and 3 performance settings. The chip, when turned up on level 3 makes an impressive difference but I rewally can't feel more of a difference on the other settings although the truck will put out some black smoke. Would a TW chip bve more impressive? Would I see a fuel mileage increase? How much $$ for the TW chip? I've only read good things about the TW and am curious.

#2 ·
Everyone here will most likely tell you they love their TW tunes. Not that I've heard anything bad about Elite's programs either. But I think there are a lot more TW chipped trucks out there than Elite's. Its all about preference, do what makes you happy.

#3 ·
6 positions on the Wildman chip is $475, but if you get less positions its cheaper. I would recommend Tony's tuning to anyone, I love it.

#5 ·
TW charges $150 to re-burn the chip if you decide to go that route.

#6 ·
I put a DP tuner in my truck, people on this board seem to rate them equal to the TW's, I gave about $430 for mine with stock, hi-idle, 40hp tow, decel, and 80hp econo. Well worth it... would recomend it to anyone... I've done the DIY air filter, disconnected the waste gate, gauges, and the DP tuner... wow what a diffrence! Less than $800 for all that. I've gainded 2-3 mpg on fuel economy, and I dont know how to drive easy... and dang is the ol' beast quicker... really easy to get the rear duals to break lose on wet roads... only problem is that it eats tires now!

#8 ·
Patrick, sorry to hear you don't like DP tuner... I had no problem getting Jody on the phone, he talked to me for about 30 minutes, shipped my tuner to me very quickly, even though they were in the middle of moving their office that week, and the install was very straight forward and easy...

As a small business owner, I know of a few customers of mine that have been unfortinate enough to catch me on a bad day, or for what ever reason, didn't get the best customer service from me that 99% of my customers brag about... I hope that's all it is in your case. If I am aware of the issue, I do my best to make the situation right, and I'm sure Jody would also...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.