Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Putting 05-07 suspension on 99-03 ??

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ExtremeFord4x4 
#1 ·
What needs to be done or replaced to make the 05-07 suspension work on our 99-03?

There are tons of deals on 05-07 lift kits and they are coils vs our leafs. Do we need their axles? or can we just swap some parts or is there fabrication needed?

Thanks,.

#2 ·
You will need the 05-07 frt axle and shock and coil mounts and radius arm frame mounts and you should be set or I'm sure you could mod the 99-04 frt axle to make the coils work

Check your local Junk Yards you might luck out and find the 05-07 parts cheap

#7 ·
Just for grins, could you post up pricing for a coil-over conversion lift kit? Does it come in anything but the 6.5", or is there a 4"-5" available?

#9 ·
I would love to get one but im not intereseted in gaining much lift just for the coils would be nice also it would help give me some turning radius back from the leaf and tires rubbing.

#10 ·
Let me know if you have any q's. I have the newer style axles in mine. Also you will need a new style steering box or have to modify your pitman arm to work with the new steering center link. You will also need new driveshafts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.