Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Wont Start

718 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  StrokerAZ 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 F350 7.3 4x4 . Only mod is a 4" lift and tires. The truck started acting like it had no power. Taking off from stop lights and such, then the next time you fired it up it would run like a scalded dog. Then it started having trouble with cold starts. Now it wont start at all.
I put a code reader on it and cannot get any codes cause the reader says turn on the ignition, so I do and It dont see any ignition signal.No fuses blown, dash lights instruments everything works ,but it wont start. The batts are full charge and only two weeks old.
I tested the reader on my 02 truck and it works fine.
I think the brain is dead.
ANY THOUGHTS? Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
I have bad news....

Do you have a wait to start light.

if you dont, you have a fried computer. I had the same exact problem...

#7 ·
you can just unplug the ICP, and if it starts thats your problem. But if you are unable to pull codes then your in trouble.

#8 ·
You may have a GP problem, there is a tech write up in the maintenance section that will teach you how to test the GP system. But this wouldn't affect being able to communicate with a code reader. That usually represents a PCM problem, did you check all fuses with a multi meter or just a visual?

NCH

#9 ·
I checked all fuses with test light then with an ohm meter when we had the batteries disconnected and the brain box in hand. We opened up the brain and it smells burnt. Dealer says 540.00 and two days to get one.
Anybody got a spare they would like to get rid of??Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.