Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Truck Died , and Wouldn't start.

629 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Midwestern4x4 
#1 ·
Ok so yesterday morning on my way to work I decided to get fuel in my truck. I know the place keeps the fuel fresh as price is cheap , and the last time I was there they were out. Had 1/8 Tank no low fuel light or anything. Anyways I put 30 Gallons in Fired the truck up , and went to pull out. I accelerated pretty hard , and The truck was warm. Been driving half hour before this. It stuttered I got a block away , and it began to die. I cut over a lane and turned on a side street as I was about to cross a railroad track... Lucky to have avoided that. Anyways It cranked , and cranked and wouldn't fire. I popped the fuel filter out to make sure it had fuel up there , and it did. Also noticed a plug around the filter housing was unplugged. I plugged it back in , and no difference. Finally after on , and off cranking for half hour it started. Any Ideas why this happened? It ran like **** at first also. I let it run 2 hours before shutting it off , and now it runs normal but I am kinda afraid.

#2 ·
what kind of truck?? the s-10 in your avatar?

#6 ·
Cam Sensor is 1 month old , and replaced under recall at the ford dealer. When I had the cam sensor go out it acted completely different. It would run but die. This just wouldn't run. When I was cranking It sounded like it was gonna run at like 200rpm. And I kept cranking till I got oil pressure. On , and off for 30 min till she finally fired. I dunno pita though. It felt like it was out of fuel before it died.

#7 ·
Just because a CPS is a month old doesn't mean it is any better shape than one 4 years old, as amatter of fact many of the new ones are very poor quality, so I wouldn't rule this out. I would be checking fuel pressure, I would also check the UVC harness connections on both sides and scan for codes. (Not from auto zone)

NCH

#8 ·
But I am ruling the cam sensor out because it has never done this symptom before.Both times the cam sensor went out it would randomly die. It acted like it was starving for fuel. With this it acted like it was out of fuel , and died , and kept cranking acting like the fuel wasn't firing. Possibly air in the system is what the Crane Mechanic at work suggested. Since it was moments after getting fuel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.