Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

roof

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  NCHornet 
#1 ·
im looking for a roof for my 02 f250 crew cab. does anyone know where i could get one? mine needs to be replaced and the estimate from the dealer was almost $3,000. the new roof alone not painted was about $1,000 so im trying to save some money by getting a used one. thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Probably be cheaper and a heck of a lot less work to simply replace the entire cab.

NCH

#5 ·
That's what I'd do.

#7 ·
How would that be cheaper. Know one is going to sell a nice crew cab for penny's on the doller unless you all know something that I dont!?

#9 ·
well my truck isnt a stock color. or at least i dont think so. its black but its a different black and someone before me put a grey/charcoal strip at the bottom so that would have to be painted on. but if i got a new roof + install + paint the dealership said it was going to be just a hair under 3000. they said if they fix my current roof and re paint it that it was going to be about 2400ish. so im still thinking the best way to go would be just finding a good roof and replacing it and painting it. what do you guys think?

#10 ·
Start calling salvage yards, find a truck that has been hit from the rear and you wouldn't believe the deal you can get on the entire cab!!! This is usually sent for scrap after it has been pieced out for a year or so, so if they can sell it as a whole they would love to. It would be a much better job and much less time and money than cutting and welding, prepping, painting etc.....
You need to do some searching.

NCH

#11 ·
would you just find one with good interior so you wouldnt have to swap all of that out? and what about paint? does anyone know how hard it is to swap out cabs? is it something you can do in your driveway or does it need to go into the shop for this?

#12 ·
subscribed

#15 ·
Yes, subscribed.:tard:

#14 ·
I just had my 2000 CC fixed for the tree and the tornado. How bad is the roof I had a lot of damage and had the body shop fix it and the rest of the truck. Send me some pics of the damage I will talk to the body shop but I think he can do it for $1,500-2,000 The shop is in Neosho Mo about 2 hours from you.

BOOSTBROTHER

#17 ·
It's not that hard at all to pull a cab off, can't say you can do it in your driveway, you need some sort of a lift. I used a Kabota tractor with some straps and plucked right off.

NCH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.