Hey members with the TS 6 pos chip - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Hey members with the TS 6 pos chip

I am wondering what kind of mileage you are getting with it in the 80hp econ position or whatever fuel economy program you have running. I have the BD diesel 100hp chip and considering changing to the TS if you guys are getting better mileage:drive:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
I got around 17 average with mine on the lower settings. See garage for truck info or signature.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer1014 View Post
I am wondering what kind of mileage you are getting with it in the 80hp econ position or whatever fuel economy program you have running. I have the BD diesel 100hp chip and considering changing to the TS if you guys are getting better mileage:drive:

realistically, way too many variables to make a fair comparison. for example, you're mileage will vary greatly depending upon fuel quality, bed shell?, mountain driving?, 4x4?, driving habits, lifted?, tire size, AT or man trans, climate, shoe pressure, etc. I have the TS and get about 15 to 17 in town on the 75hp setting. about 17 to 19on the highway. I get between 9 and 13 towing my 8000lbs trailer but it's over 12 feet high. that makes a huge difference vs. an 8000lbs jet boat! I love the TS but doubt you'd notice better mileage. I have heard, however, that chips get better mileage than programmers. I don't know if that's true or not. I've never tried a programmer.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:30 PM
The Fat Mod

Ok, I have tried everything under the sun just about to get better fuel milage in my 7.3 and found that not a freaking thing changed the milage other than city vs. highway driving. I tried stock setting(which about killed me,) I tried a bed cover, I tried changing tires and tire size, driving habits, intakes, exhaust. Just short of putting doughnuts on and lowering it and putting a different rear end in. I say, fill it up when it needs it, enjoy your truck, and dont pay too close attention to fuel consumption. Thats just what I have learned with playing with these things. Oh and if you want to get more MPG, dont go over 55 mph
Old 12-06-2006, 04:56 PM

with my edge evo i get 11.37 but to give credit to my truck it has 4.10 gears and 36" tires with a 6" lift, oh and a weak cylinder. i have learned to accept that after 400 miles(easy driving, about 325 miles with the smoke rollin) you better be hunting a station and better have a benjamin with you when you go.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrs3633 View Post
Ok, I have tried everything under the sun just about to get better fuel milage in my 7.3 and found that not a freaking thing changed the milage other than city vs. highway driving. I tried stock setting(which about killed me,) I tried a bed cover, I tried changing tires and tire size, driving habits, intakes, exhaust. Just short of putting doughnuts on and lowering it and putting a different rear end in. I say, fill it up when it needs it, enjoy your truck, and dont pay too close attention to fuel consumption. Thats just what I have learned with playing with these things. Oh and if you want to get more MPG, dont go over 55 mph
one of the best things I did was to use Stanadayne Performance Fuel Additive. upped my mpg by 1.5 to 2mpg. runs better too, keeps the injectors clean, starts easier, and even seems a tad quieter. (Diesel Kleen did just the opposite - worse mileage)
Old 12-06-2006, 05:15 PM

speaking of that ive been putting lucas fuel injector cleaner in mine and it gets beter milage with it as well as more power and smoke
Old 12-06-2006, 05:47 PM
PIPE HITTER

Mine did not seem to change either. I used some Diesel Kleen w/ Cetane booster, it helped th eMPG's a bit. But nothing about the TS helped or hindered MPG's.

I have to agree with brrs3633 where and how you drive makes all the difference in the world.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:50 PM
The Fat Mod

Yeah, I forgot to mention that, I used several different boosters, no change with mine. Oh well, i get what I get and I love my truck, would not trade it for anything.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcop View Post
Mine did not seem to change either. I used some Diesel Kleen w/ Cetane booster, it helped th eMPG's a bit. But nothing about the TS helped or hindered MPG's.

I have to agree with brrs3633 where and how you drive makes all the difference in the world.
i agree- i just put a ts chip in a while back and noticed very little gain. maybe 1mpg with the wind blowing in the right direction.
i use a fuel treatment almost everyfill up too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.