Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

BLOCK HEATER

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  indyF-350psd 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove the block heater element from the block think mine went bad. Thanks Shawn:confused:

#3 ·
It is in the Oil Filter Housing. Just use the correct size wrench and unscrew it. You will have to remove the cord first. That will either unscrew from the element or just unplugs from it.

#5 ·
How do you know yours is bad? It is more than likely the cord shorted out from all the pulling on the cord. If your heater is actually out it will be the first one I have ever heard of failing. Take a multimeter and check your cord, I bet it needs replacing, not the heater itself.

NCH

#7 ·
Congrats this is the very first Block heater that I have heard of going bad!!! How did you test the cord?

NCH

#9 ·
Unplugged it where it goes into the filter housing. Then plugged it into power and checked for 120v at the block end. Still wanting to know if theres going to be oil going everywhere when I take the element out. Thanks Shawn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.