Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

How much does my truck weigh?

77K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  panteramatt 
#1 ·
How much does a 1999 F-250 XLT Super Duty Extended Cab 4x4 Longbed 7.3L Diesel Automatic weigh? I did a search but didn't find anything.

#3 ·
My 2000 F-350 XLT Super Duty Extended Cab 6x4 ("2WD" Dually 1-ton) Longbed 7.3L Diesel Automatic weighed in at 7300 with about 3/4 tank of fuel and nothing in the bed, but a 5th wheel hitch I think. And me in it, but that only accounts for 108lbs.

Take it to the nearest truck stop and weigh it, they'll do it for ya. Cost me $9 though.

#4 ·
Look on the sticker on the door jamb. My guess would be around 7300lbs. My fat bottom girl weighs in at 8340 with me a 1/2 tank of fuel and my 50lb Bassett Hound.

NCH

#7 ·
My door jamb says GVW=11,000 whats up with that?

#5 ·
Found this on Kelly Blue Book dot com.....

Specifications page from Kelly Blue Book

It shows wheel base, curb weight, gross weight, towing capability, BUT I don't know how accurate it is so.....I wouldn't take it as gospel. But it does give you ball park figures.

Obviously, taking it to a scale is the best way to know for sure.

#13 ·
Aaaoohhh. I see, that makes more sense. Just wanted to be sure.

#23 ·
Thanks Eddy, even though it was canadian the site's definitions are right. Maybe we agreed all along!

Have a good trip.

#22 ·
My truck with mods in sig (including canopy) weighs 7,800. That was with no people on board and I deducted the fuel so that should be empty weight of the rig plus canopy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.