Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

DIY Intake questions

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  firemedic355 
#1 · (Edited)
For those of you who are running a DIY intake, are any of you NOT running the factory piece that connects to where the CCV comes into the intake.

I have an aftermarket intake on now, but getting ready to take it off because the filter is shot.

Gonna try out NAPA filter forawhile, i just need to figure out how to attach it to the only part of the OEM intake i have. Which is only to where the CCV comes in.

I was going to use PVC pipe, but i can't find the right size boot connects that will connect from that point on the intake, to 4" PVC.

What did you guys use.

Here's a picture of someone else's intake. This is what i'm trying to do, or something like it.

I have a piece of 4" exhaust pipe i could use also, just not sure where to find those rubber boots. For either PVC or exhaust piping

See less See more
#2 ·
I am running the pieces but I dont want to, I want a different kind of pipe like what you are looking for. I have the napa filter and even though it fits ok I want to get a pipe to put between the hose and the filter so it fits a little better.

#5 ·
I got it moved for you.

I would like to clean up my early 99 intake. but the turbo sits lower, I will need more elbows.

#6 ·
Thanks Nick.

I just dont have any of the stock intake, Except for the piece between the turbo, and where the CCV is mounted.

I need a boot to fit onto that, onto PVC pipe or exhaust pipe. Already have a boot that will fit the PVC, and then onto the filter.

#7 ·
so you need 3" or 4" PVC then?

#8 ·
I've got PVC. I've got 4" PVC. Just need a boot to go from the stock intake there at the CCV which i think is like 3.5" or 3" or something like that. to the PVC which is 4".

A rubber plumbing boot thats made to go from 3" to 4" wont work. Already tried it.

Dunno who would have a good assortment of rubber boots. Home Depot and Lowes DO NOT.

#9 ·
Fergueson plumbing

#11 ·
Clingman avenue in Asheville.

#12 ·
Hmmmmmm. Maybe i'll have to ride over there

surely I can find stuff to do this somewhere besides a specialty plumbing parts house.

#13 ·
well, specialty plumbing will have everything possible, and they arent any more expensive than Lowes.

#14 ·
True. Already have the pipe.

Just need the right size boot.

Guess i'll run by there tomorrow and see if they have what i need.

#15 ·
Don't know if someone already covered it or not, but I replaced that CCV piece on my old 1999 with a piece of 4" exhaust pipe and then did a CCV mod with some 1/2" hose. That's where you connect the hose to that CCV elbow and let the hose run down near your frame and zip tie it off to something so it breathes all that BS onto the gorund.

#16 ·
Yeah, i dont wanna do that CCV mod. I eventually want to do the CCV mod using a catch can and such, but not gonna do that right now.

This is just temporary. Prolly gonna run this intake setup till spring, then i'll switch back to my regular aftermarket intake. Unless this performs better to my liking.

Where did you get your boots to use with the 4" exhaust. I'm assuming you used rubber boots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.