Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Just bought my first diesel :)

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Turbolag87 
#1 ·
as the title states... i just bought my first diesel and im pretty excited about it. Its a 01 E350 and it had its tranny and injector pump?? replaced recently. I was wondering on what mods i should do ot it first? Im not looking for anything crazy but just extra power around the city. I currently own 2 heavly modified turbo cars, but im not too familiar with diesels.

Tips and tricks would be great guys :)

Great forum btw.

#2 ·
welcome to the forum. don't know too much about the vans' but someone will be along to help out.

#3 ·
Use the search engine, please. Basic mods are discussed daily. Mainly the same mods apply to the vans, gauges, intake, exhaust, support auto trans, then tunes from DP or TW.

NCH

#6 ·
A powerstroke does not have an injector pump so whoever told you it had been replaced recently doesn't know very much about them. That said, I'd read up on them and check over all the basic stuff.
My #1 mod is the DIY intake, dirty air will kill the engine and cost you anywhere from $5,000 to $12,000 to fix.
Next I'd straight pipe the exhaust for about $75 and get a set of gauges for around $300
After that, and only after that you can get a flip chip and get some real power.

#8 ·
Is there AN INTERCOOLER that is adaptable to the vans? that is my priority right now ... as you know you cant turn up the boost without a bigger intercooler... well at least on my gas toys I cant :)

#9 ·
I also have a van... there are a few others also on here... I have done no mods to my van, but do have gauges sittin' on the shelf ready to go in... then I'll do something with the intake and exhaust, and then a DP Tuner...

Intake looks like it's gonna be a PITA to do... vans have no extra room under the hood for a bigger filter like the napa 6637... not sure what to do about it. Someone PM'd me a while back, they did a dual filter set up with a 't' but I don't recall what the outcome was...

Good luck, and welcome to the org! Lots of good people and advice here!

#11 ·
You are going to be very hard pressed to shove an intercooler in that puppy. Hope it all works out for you though!

And welcome to the org!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.