Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Heater Plug

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  WSStucker 
#1 · (Edited)
I had to replace my plug so I borrowed from the garage at work. This plug setup came of a 64 series international. I plan on replacing the grill soon and am not sure if this is where I want to keep it.
Looking for ideas or to see what others have done.

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I should have known there was already a MOD and it would have a name I would have never thought of.:banging:

#4 ·
I have had the Marinco mod before it was named. Sure makes hooking up the heater easier!! I think I have pics in my sig.

NCH

#5 ·
Your's was one on the ones I looked at after I found out there was a name for it. That looks nice but, with the salt, snow and ice up here I am looking to put it a litter higher. I'm not sure if I want to punch a hole in the bumper so that pushes me even higher still.
I am deffinately loving the MOD though.:thumb:

#6 ·
The one in my sig is the first one, I found one in white and replaced it, so now it really looks sweeet. I have seen folks put them in the body, back in the bed, place it wherever you want it. I have seen a lot of cords short out from all the yanking people do to them. Marinco even makes a chrome one that looks pretty cool.
I have had mine up north and yes the ice will collect around it, but it is going to build up there anyway, but the inside stays bone dry and ice free.

NCH

#8 ·
I got my plug from the garage at work, but from what everyone else is saying you can get the plug from any marine shop. The pic for what I did is in the first post in this thread. I just popped it into the grill. Others have mounted it into the bumper or the plastic guard below the bumper. I could imagine you could put it anywhere you are willing to punch a hole.

Check NCHORNET's gallery. His looks good.

Search "marinco mod". You have to weed thru alot to find what you are looking for, but it's there.

It's an easy and worthwhile mod. :thumb:

#9 ·
Stucker is right anywhere you want to cut the hole you can mount the Marinco plug. Any Marine shop will have them as well as Bass Pro Cabella's etc.... BTW the "plastic" area where I mounted mine is just a cover, there is metal behind it. Make sure you cover the edges with paint after you drill. I think have some old pics in my sig. I will try and post some new ones. I also use a timer and a extension cord with a lighted end, this way I can just look out the door and verify it is on!!

NCH

#10 ·
Ok new grill is in and plug is moved. I just hope the Troopers don't have a problem with it.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.