Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Okay I shimmed the Fuel PRESS Reg. AND???

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  lildevil02 
#1 ·
Well I did not have a shim kit, but my buddy did his a while back with a BB. So I did it with a BB. I really did not know if I needed to put the BB in the propet and then slide the spring back in it, or to put the BB on the Housing side of the spring were the line hooks up. I put it in the propet. I drove it right after I did it, the engine was still a little warm when I shimed it. Everything seemed to be fine, untill this morning when I went to start it,(70 Degrees outside) it would only idle even at WOT, and rough at that, it eventually cut off. I started it back and the same, then I finally let it sit a min and it started back up fine, But after work, (COLD AGAIN) it did the same as this morning. So it cut off, I pulled out the tools, went to work, took the BB out, and it fired right up no problems. Can anyone explain this MADNESS?

#2 ·
did you check your fuel pressure after?? maybe to much? I did mine got it 70 psi, runs really smooth now

#3 ·
No, I did not have fuel pressure gauge. I plan on digging through some of my old racecar parts, I think I have one in there. Maybe try again. I just didn't know if it was because of too much pressure.

#4 ·
well I did mine this weekend and I did'nt have any issuse but I did not notice anything different about the way my truck runs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.