EasyCare Extended Warranty and Ricart Ford Service - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EasyCare Extended Warranty and Ricart Ford Service

So with the recent threads concerning the extended warranty service contracts and dealer issues with them, I feel it might be good to give my personal experience and continue to update on the progress and outcome.

Background; 1) 4x4 Auto Hubs seem to not be locking, I've had to manually lock them 3 times now on ice to get 4x4 to work for example. After locking them manually, no issues, just a pain. 2)Rear pinion seal leaking

So I called Ricart Ford where I bought the 2010 F250 used with 52K on the clock and asked them what my extended warranty covered. They advised I had to call the warranty company, EasyCare (Truck was a Motortrend Certified used truck) which I believe is their main provider for their extended warranties and ask them directly. While I was on the phone with them, the agent told me what kind of warranty I had and even emailed me a copy to both work and home of a blank contract and read through the exact coverages pertaining to my issues.

The EasyCare agent told me both issues SHOULD be covered and to call Ricart service and make an appointment and get things taken care of and to have them call in to cover the warranty work.

I called Ricart, they didn't ask any questions, scheduled me for Friday of next week when I am off, and told me I could even come in Monday or Tuesday. I need to see if my rental car would be covered first, as I am off next Friday anyways, and either need a rental or my wife will be off so makes more sense.

I will continue to update in regards to Ricarts Service department, I had warranty work done on 5/8 of my 2005 6.0 fuel injectors going out. Paid the 100.00 deductable at 98,500 and was on my way. Same deductible on this one, and hoping it goes flawless. Knock on wood.

I do have the listed mods in my signature but hoping to not have any issues.

EDIT: NO idea how this got into the 7.3 threads mine is a 6.4 sorry!!!

Last edited by madcat6183; 02-07-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.