How much does zoodad mod help? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 08:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How much does zoodad mod help?

Well i just did the zoodad mod. (I still have the stock filter in my truck) does the Zoodad help the stock filter at all? I know the filter can only pull so much air through it but does the mod help keep the air that it is taking in alittle cooler?
Also planning to do the DIY 6637.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I dont think it will do much with stock filter but it wont hurt. I am wondering if my zoodad mod is letting in so much cold air that I am constantly driving around with the ebpv(spelling) making its jet sounds and causing bad mpgs...
Old 02-06-2014, 09:05 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This is really a "common sense" mod, not something that you can dyno prove or put a statistic on... its simply more fresh air into the engine.

Dont over analyze it.

If you want to buy one:

zoodad screen blowout sale

Last edited by Heavy_GD; 02-06-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by basicbajax View Post
I dont think it will do much with stock filter but it wont hurt. I am wondering if my zoodad mod is letting in so much cold air that I am constantly driving around with the ebpv(spelling) making its jet sounds and causing bad mpgs...
No, it would have no effect on that system. Have you checked the tube that goes from the manifold to the valve to see if it's clogged-up some?

To the OP, you just have to know that bringing-in fresh cold air into the engine is better than not BUT, to your question of "help"? I don't think there's any Huge advantage, I'm not sure what you'd be looking for. Like So Many other things you can do to make things work better I think it's worth doing. I mean, why not? This ones FREE
The Following User Says Thank You to NoRalPh For This Useful Post:
basicbajax (02-06-2014)
Old 02-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

When I got my truck I wondered how the engine got any air at all to breathe. I came across the zoodad and it seemed like a no-brainer. I did it, and noticed absolutely no difference. I then came across the 6635 mod, and did that as well. I noticed absolutely no difference. The 6635 is way bigger, and with a hole in the rad support, the engine MUST be getting more air. I just didn't notice any more power or MPGs. I'd still recommend doing it...it doesn't hurt anything at all. I have a 4" straight exhaust which was installed before the zoodad and 6635
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.