DIY 6637 cover - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DIY 6637 cover

Just wanted to brag on my wife real quick. I've read way too many posts on why or why not to run a prefilter/cover on a 6637, but I wanted one on my cover because of the environment I run my truck in. I really liked Pete's covers, and actually found the post where he made his first one a couple weeks ago. I'm not going to rip him off or anything like that, but I've always liked to make my own stuff for my projects. My wife and I looked at a few pictures and after a little work, we came up with this:

The ripple in the second picture was one of the pockets, can't see it when installed on the truck. Fits perfect and ran the truck a couple days with no issues. The 6637 is nice, now I won't be sucking the air filter in to the intake tube any more. Total cost just under $7. Made out of a pair of gym shorts purchased off the clearance rack at walmart. Mens size XL. If any of yall try this, my wife said a tshirt was much easier to make into a cover than the shorts, the first cover she made out of a Justin Bieber t shirt someone bought one of my daughters for christmas to see if it would work like we wanted. (I don't let them have that kind of crap so shirt was just sitting in the ragbox anyway). Kind of had me worried when I saw a giant Justin Bieber graphic on my new air filter, but on the other hand my wife's 8 months pregnant and I'm not gonna argue with her Anyway, like I said not looking to make a quick buck ripping off Pete or anybody else, just wanted to make one for our truck. Unless one of you guy's desperately wants a Justin Bieber cover, I got one already made I'd sell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Premium Member

That's pretty cool lol.

What I would do though is get a fairly sensitive vacuum gauge and stick it through where the ccv goes to the intake. Test it by going for a drive with and without the cover. Just to see how much harder the engine is having to suck through it.

With a cover from Riffraff the difference was negligible, somebody on here was calling me an idiot over running a cover, saying it was a huge restriction, but I never bothered teling him about the test. He didn't seem worth if
Old 02-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

hey maybe one of you Canadian guys' wants the justin bieber cover...
Old 02-04-2014, 01:26 PM
Premium Member

I went to highschool with Bieber...

He was an arrogant dink back then too..
Old 02-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

haha well said!
Old 02-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Premium Member

I wish I had gotten some year books from highschool though, ones with him in it were selling for over 1000$
Old 02-04-2014, 03:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

So buy this cover off me and see if he'll sign it at your high scool reunion- - - Might make your truck worth more
Old 02-04-2014, 03:36 PM
Rodslinger's B1TCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVRidgeRunner View Post
So buy this cover off me and see if he'll sign it at your high scool reunion- - - Might make your truck worth more
he'll never make it to the reunion. o/d, murdered or prison is where he'll be.

a couple years ago he made the news here for beating up on some little kids at a laser tag while he was in town.

he's not handling fame very well and it's just going to get worse.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah I tried making one myself but i had trouble finding material that wasn't too restrictive. I ended up buying a Pete's.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The shorts we bought had were made of two different materials, like an inside pair and outside pair sewn together. The inside material seemed too thick. We removed the inside layer and used the only the outside which is full of tiny holes. You can see the holes in the pics. Truck runs better than it did for sure. Hoping to squeeze a little mpg out of the 6637 for sure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.