E99 price check/ help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
E99 price check/ help!

Hey guys, I own a 05 6.0 (sig truck) and not too familiar with the 7.3s let alone the E99. I found a E99 F350 XLT 4x4 reg cab black with the silver bottom BONE STOCK. There is 1 original elderly owner, a friend of his family is taking care of the sale who is somewhat knowledgable with trucks/diesels. It has 138k on the clock and includes a 8' fisher plow that's only been used on his own driveway with the exception of a few neighbors. Has a leer cap on it with newer tires and no rot/rust on body just a few scratches on the passenger side from parking next to bushes in their driveway. The guy handling the sale says the owner always took care of it and it's starts right up and no mechanical issues or leaks. He is asking 10k orbo but realizes that it is just a starting price and said he will definitely negotiate for a cash price after i take a look at it and drive it (tomorrow afternoon). If everything checks out, and it is as clean as he says, what should I be offering? Thanks

Last edited by lowrider284; 02-03-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2014, 06:23 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Really 10k sounds fair to me if its all that its been made out to be. The plow is part of why id say that. With that said I would offer 7 in the hope of getting it for 8. That's me though and the market i'm familiar with in my area.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:28 PM

I was just worried about big repairs like transmission or injectors or any 7.3 issues i dont know about coming up due to the fact that its 16 years old at this point (1998 build date) and dont want to dump any money into it. I was going to pick up a f350 gasser reg cab for plowing but i stumbled upon this and considered i might be better off with another diesel for this price and due to the fact its local (15 min away) and in supposibly great condition all around so i wouldnt care about using it as a daily driver as well. I figured i could throw on a nice exhaust and do a few styling upgrades like tinted windows and a nice toolbox. Also the plow is a fisher which is still a good plow but its not a Western contractor grade or anything crazy that would really drive up the price.

Last edited by lowrider284; 02-03-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I agree with Russell $10k is very fair as long as the plow actually was only used for personal driveway and few neighbors.

Probably could get it for $8500 though. Regular cabs are not popular by any means but the low mileage helps it out. 138k is nothing for a 7.3.

Mine had 305k before it got a reman engine.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:09 AM

Sounds fair to me for the miles, and around here a regular cab would go for a premium to a farmer looking for a good low mileage work truck.

My brother bought a e99 with 50k on it earlier this year for 15 not a scratch on it, was a foreman's truck from a construction company and clean as could be.

Last edited by cory99; 02-04-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by femaff View Post
Sounds far to me for the miles, and around here a regular cab would go for a premium to a farmer looking for a good low mileage work truck.

My brother bought a e99 with 50k on it earlier this year for 15 not a scratch on it, was a foreman's truck from a construction company and clean as could be.
$15 with 50k miles. Depends 2wd xl. Its not that good of deal.

CCLB lariat. Then that's a good deal
Old 02-04-2014, 09:53 AM

Regular Cab 4x4 xlt, most farmers here dont want a cclb.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Used to be that way here. Most farmers here are following the trend now. CCSB loaded.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:33 AM

There are a few moving that way but not many yet. I would rather have the CCSB but hard to find one of them low mileage at a decent price.

For my family having a back seat would just turn into a place to put more crap that you never can find, but when driving the regular cab it always seems you end up with 4 people wanting to go somewhere and no one has a cc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.