Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New to me!

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  alexfisk19 
#1 ·
Just bought a 2000 f350 4x4 with 260k miles for 7k... Only downfall is somewhere there is a vaccum leak that is not engaging the four wheel drive and makes ac blow out normal vents... Typical problem. But what lines are they to look at to check??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
Lines going to the hubs is a good place to start.

#4 ·
Search em out or post em up , either way. I enjoy seeing questions that don't involve " what's the best chip ?" ....

Usually the 4x is a Vacuum problem or a hub problem , try getting out and manually locking them as well. I like the Warn hubs , no question then. However , you do have to manually lock in every time which involves exiting the cab , a one legged portly feller might find this to be an inconvenience , otherwise no excuse...

#8 ·
If budget minded you can just straight pipe , works well. Otherwise look around , some pretty decent 4" TB options used to be available for under $300 last time I was looking.
Tuners all over the place , check with some and form your own opinion. I've tried DI , DP , NoLimit , Gearhead , and just ordered some for a backup from powerstruck. I LIKE my Gearhead's. Shifts good , good power , truck runs quieter , no map disguising needed , it's not stupid smokey and his customer service is second to none.

#10 ·
Ok previous things posted were things the owner told me. I picked it up today and well there's a few more issues
Such as as soon as you turn the key on the head lights come on. Overhead display doesn't work. When you turn the cab lights on the reverse lights come on to. And last one I've found so far is the steering is lose. How can I fix that
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
check tie rods ball joints first
if those check out adjust the steering box.

there is an allen head with a 1/2 inch nut on top of the steering box.
loosen the nut then tighten the allen head a 1/4 of a turn then check the steering.
only do 1/4 turn at a time

#12 ·
Lights sound like some Hackey wiring issues unless you have Auto headlight switch or daytime lamps.still doesn't explain the reverse lights tho , I'd look at added wiring to headlight switch and something tied into reverse lamps , or call and ask PO. Overhead display could be associated with wiring if that's the case.
Otherwise , remove the overhead , remove the computer for it , and there will usually be a circuit board or two that have come loose. Re-solder them , plenty of write ups on here under overhead display repair.

#13 ·
Vacuum leak could possibly be the vacuum solenoid on the passenger inner fender also. I had a leak and did a google search and found a bunch of write ups to help determine the location of the leak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.