Torque Pro App adapter question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 01:39 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Torque Pro App adapter question

Which adapters are you guys running? I just made the switch from an Iphone to the Nexus 5 so I'm pretty much obligated to get the Torque app, but I'm not sure if I buy a cheapo adapter or spend some $$.

Post up which ones you guys are using and what luck you've had with them please!

Thanks in advance

Also... theres no chance of me using my adapter from the AE proline to my phone is there? Via the USB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2014, 03:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

$9 el cheapo china made ELM327 mini bluetooth adapter here. Been working fine the last few months. I've left it plugged in all night more times then I've planned but it's been fine.

Sometime's i'll leave the adapter in and app running when I shut the truck off. Then when I restart the truck, if I don't let the app sync with the blue tooth before cranking, it wont read anything correctly except the coolant temp. No matter what I do.. it wont read right until I shut the engine off, take the key out, unplug/shutoff the app, then restart and redo the adapter/app.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I purchased a cheap one off ebay (can't remember exactly which one....) and it would not work on my truck. Worked on every other vehicle I tried, just not my truck. I researched a little and found that some of the cheap ones have trouble reading Fords. I would spend a little more and get a good one!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:22 AM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I got this one, the cheap chinese ones are hit and miss from what i heard, its better to buy the right one first then have to buy the cheap one first then have to buy this one the second time

BAFX Products Bluetooth OBD2 Scan Tool for Check Engine Light and other Diagnostics - Android Compatible : Amazon.com : Automotive BAFX Products Bluetooth OBD2 Scan Tool for Check Engine Light and other Diagnostics - Android Compatible : Amazon.com : Automotive
Old 01-24-2014, 05:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphillips View Post
I purchased a cheap one off ebay (can't remember exactly which one....) and it would not work on my truck. Worked on every other vehicle I tried, just not my truck. I researched a little and found that some of the cheap ones have trouble reading Fords. I would spend a little more and get a good one!
So which did you end up buying?

If you don't have another one in there and working, then maybe it's your truck, and the obd port isn't working?
Old 01-24-2014, 05:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The one shown in the link above looks exactly like the one I have that will not work. Perhaps I just got a bad one? It works on everything except my Ford.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have not bought another one yet. I guess it could be a problem with my the port on the truck, but it works with other scanners I have tried. I also have a Superchips tuner that uses the port and it works fine. From everything I read, I believe it is the adapter.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:22 PM

Has anyone had trouble with readings? My coolant temp reads regular but my oil temp reads like its missing the "1" in front of the number

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have the BAFX adapter and also run an Edge evolution tuner. The adapter works fine on our VW but would never connect to the F350. I unloaded the Edge tune from the truck and it connected just fine after that. Loaded the tune back and it wouldn't read it again. So I'm planning on a PHP Hydra chip soon because it looks like the Bluetooth adapter works just fine for the guys who run it.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Location: Lowville, New York. Studying Mechanical Eng. @ Suny Canton
I keep searching the Torque Pro app on my ipod touch but dont find anything. I get some other apps like it but nothing torque pro. or is this a non apple thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.