Best Riding 4-4.5" lift for leaf spring trucks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 07:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best Riding 4-4.5" lift for leaf spring trucks

Background: This truck used to be on a procomp 6.5" lift and 37's. It was a lot of fun, but the ride sucked and it was too big. I was going to give the truck to my Dad so I put it all back to stock. Well now I'm driving it full time and stock sucks. I just sold my 2011 with an Icon 4.5" lift and 35's and it was perfect and that's the ride i'm looking for and want with this truck.

What lift kit could I get that I could achieve the same ride height and ride as my 2011 with my 1999.5?

Here are some pics for reference.
My 1999 lifted...

My now stock 1999...

My lifted 2011...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2014, 07:56 AM

How much money do you you have to spend? This is the biggest deciding factor. On a reasonable budget, making your 1999 ride like your 2011 isn't going to happen.

Now..for 4.5" lift on a leaf spring truck...

If you are fine with the way it rides now, I'd go with the Icon or PMF 4.5" hanger drop kit. If you're wanting a slightly better ride for minimum cost you can add a set of v code springs

If you're wanting a better ride than this and have some extra dough, I'd go with the Icon 4" leaf spring kit

For better rides than these, you'll need a coil spring or coilover setup. I can help with those as well if you're interested
Old 01-21-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred3297 View Post
How much money do you you have to spend? This is the biggest deciding factor. On a reasonable budget, making your 1999 ride like your 2011 isn't going to happen.

Now..for 4.5" lift on a leaf spring truck...

If you are fine with the way it rides now, I'd go with the Icon or PMF 4.5" hanger drop kit. If you're wanting a slightly better ride for minimum cost you can add a set of v code springs

If you're wanting a better ride than this and have some extra dough, I'd go with the Icon 4" leaf spring kit

For better rides than these, you'll need a coil spring or coilover setup. I can help with those as well if you're interested
Well, it definitely is going to have to have new springs on the front. When I put the truck back to stock I traded with a guy and his springs are now sagging pretty bad, so I want to replace those. I just don't want it to ride like the 6.5 procomp i had - which wasn't completely horrible, but definitely not like my Icon kit was. I didn't know Icon even made leaf spring lifts. Gonna look into that for sure.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:57 AM

Icon kit and be done. I wouldn't be surprised if it road just as nice as your 2011.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layson View Post
Icon kit and be done. I wouldn't be surprised if it road just as nice as your 2011.
I just did a bunch of reading on lifts, springs, coil over conversions and I think that 4" icon kit is the way to go too.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:43 PM

I have to put in a strong word for Revtek. Maybe not a popular lift, but I have had three of their lifts- a 4" for a 99, 4" for an 08, and an 8" for a 2002. They have an OEM look to them, very high quality, good price, and IMO, great ride. I did a lot of research before buying, and even after buying they had the best quality at the best price with the best ride.

However, if you want flash, Machismo, or style points, better look elsewhere, like Icon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.