Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Looking for Wiring Diagrams..Need Help!

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  StrokinAlaska 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I got a 2001 F250 CC 7.3 that I am looking to install a back-up camera on. I want to tie it into my ignition so when I turn the key the camera will turn on as well.

Does anyone have some Ignition wiring diagrams for a 2001 f250 7.3?

Or no of a good site to get them from...I am going to try and do this tonight with a buddy of mine.

All the help is much appreciated.

THANKS!!!! :thumb:

#2 ·
I don't think the IGN wiring was changed, I'm not positive though, BUT there was a Major electrical change during the '01 run. So, if you HAVE a Trans Temp Gauge in the Instrument Cluster, you want to look at the '02 diagrams. If you DO NOT, look at the 2000 diagrams (as I said, for what you're doing, it might not make a difference but....)

I have an '02 and here's the one I would look at if you have that gauge -> https://sites.google.com/site/woodnthings8/2002-f-350-superduty/superduty-electrical/wiring-diagrams

#7 ·
Ya just need to know color and wiring of ignition....I would like to hook it up under the steering column into the ignition wire, so when I turn the truck on the camera comes on automatically...I just don't want to run into the issue of turning the monitor on and off constantly ....Just makes it easier.

#9 ·
Grey/yellow at ignition harness under dash, like 12 or 14ga.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.