Need frame cross members: Where to buy? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 06:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need frame cross members: Where to buy?

As the title says...

Working on my buddy's early '99 F350 cab n chassis (165" wb, 84" c-a, 11' bed) and the frame cross members are shot. Exploring the options, would like to replace with factory style cross members, local dealer and auto body shop says no dice... perhaps someone on the .ORG knows where to get something.

Also going to check with local junk yard... waiting on phone calls back from them.

If nothing comes up, I guess we will just fab something up from channel and angle iron. We need to replace both the cross members, one about a foot behind the cab that holds the drive shaft support bearing, and the one inside of the rear spring hangers just in front of the rear axle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2014, 06:40 AM

what caused them to go bad? only thing I could recomend is a place like lmc truck Truck Parts and Truck Accessories
Old 01-14-2014, 10:22 AM

Baddly rust damaged... ordered body repair panels, getting new rocker panel, cab corner, and as I get it torn apart, the cab floor is also going to need some patch panels... frame is rough, will be pulling fuel tank, and lines/wiring to allow rust removal, sanding, and painting. Not sure if we will go so far as to pull the rear end/leaf springs, but the shackles look like I would like to see them replaced...

Looking like cross members will have to be fabbed on our own... no sources so far... anyone actully bought them from somewhere?
Old 01-14-2014, 03:56 PM

Here are some pictures from todays progress... removing old rusty metal. Will try to remember to get cross member pic tomorrow.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-19-2014, 11:19 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
In the same boat looking for a rear crossmember for a late 99'. It has a 9' Knapheide utility body on it. If you come up with a place that sells them or find one at a junk yard please let me know. Thank you

Just found car-part.com says they have the part, I'm going to call in am to check it out and pricing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by sealeveloc; 01-19-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:29 PM

If i may , here is a link to an outfit in my state that not only sells new take off beds but manufacture repair parts for our beds ,i have never used them but a close friend has dealt with them a speaks highly of them the website is down but here is their face book page hope it helps. https://www.facebook.com/pages/PARKE...TS/47207271007
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.