Interior LEDs. Help please. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ford Cowboy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Interior LEDs. Help please.

Ok installed a strip of LEDs on the driver and passenger side foot wells. Was gonna wire them to come on when I turn on the interior dome lights. I pulled the headlight switch and started testing wires to see which one powers the interior dome lights. I can't find it. Identified the dimmer though. When you roll the dimmer switch all the way into the up position it turns on the dome lights. Which freakin wire is it?? Nice Sunday afternoon project hahaha. Thanks for any help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2014, 12:57 PM

Anybody? Kinda at a stand still
Old 01-12-2014, 04:08 PM

Nobody has a clue???
Old 01-12-2014, 05:14 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I couldn't tell ya right off, was hoping you had found a solution.. I was thinking about doing the same thing, but was going to tap into one of the wire for the dome lights.. hope it works out for you though..
Old 01-12-2014, 05:45 PM

I haven't found $h!t yet. Trust me I've searched f$$&in everywhere. I found an old post where somebody was doin something similar and ended up spliceing into a Blue wire with black runner that was behind driver kick panel. Haven't verified that yet though. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to splice into an overhead dome light and run a wire from there. So much for bein simple.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:49 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Find the wire to the lights in the door. You know that little reflector towards the back of the door? Well that light also turns on with the dome lights.

Edit:

This reflector, you could pop the door panel off find the wire color and find the positive lead in the kick panel of the truck.

Last edited by 7.3pwrstrke; 01-12-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:26 PM

Or you could look under the inner fender well behind the plastic for an open triangular looking plug that is for the running board lights. Post some pics up as I am looking into doing this. But I want them to come on when headlights do and be running lights and have a white set for door openings.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:29 PM

Ok y'all got this figured out! First off, thanks to Rammstein1224 for the help. Keep in mind my truck is a 2000 and I don't know if wire colors changed from year to year. I highly doubt they did change. Remove your drivers side kick panel. Behind that panel is a small bundle of wires. Now, I was told to look for a blue wire with a black tracer. I found none. What I did find was two black wires with thin blue tracers. So, I crossed my fingers and spliced into one of the wires. We now have power. The lights now come on when you unlock truck with key fob, open the doors, or turn interior dome lights on. Don't think it matters which one of the wires you splice into seein as how it wouldn't make sense that two wires of the same color/tracers would power two separate devices (in this case lights). Pretty cool if you ask me. Probably gonna add some to the back at some point. Hope this helps anybody wantin to do something like this.
peter379 likes this.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:20 PM

Black/Lt blue in driver kick panel small gauge wire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.