02 F350 radio stays on, no power locks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
02 F350 radio stays on, no power locks

02 superduty F350 radio stays on, power door locks not working

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I have searched this site and numerous others, but haven't found any help due to some people have additional issues or not the same as me. So I figured I would post new.
My truck is a 02 super duty F 350 Powerstroke 7.3. I had a coolant problem a year ago, and just had the truck repaired from it. The truck has sit for the past year not running, batteries would go dead, I'd charge them up and so on.
Now, the power door locks buttons do not work (neither the door lock switches or the remote). When shutting the truck off, removing the key, and opening the door, no doom light, power door locks not working, power windows still work with key out, and radio stays on. The door ajar light stays on when the vehicle is running and all doors shut. The radio and power windows do turn off after the 5-10 minute delay that was common when the truck was shut off and the door not open. I see people say on other sites, it could be the door latches / switch, but if it is the switch on one door, would it not work right on the other doors? (I have tried opening all doors, and still the same results). Some sites and people talk about GEM (WTH is that?), then people say that year truck does not have a GEM. I have also seen people talk about a vehicle security module?
I have the truck scheduled for Ford dealer at the end of the week, but would like to see if I can figure it out before.....thanks in advance.
Last year when the truck first had coolant problems, I took it to a mechanic, who removed the cab to remove the engine, could they not have hooked something upright? Or could it be from the batteries going dead?
Has new batteries and rebuilt engine now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have exact same truck and exact same problem have you got it fixed
Old 06-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0318 View Post
I have exact same truck and exact same problem have you got it fixed
if it hasnt been done yet then now onto the other. Does your door ajar light stay on after you shut the door?
Old 06-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No the ajar light turns off
Old 06-23-2014, 06:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0318 View Post
No the ajar light turns off
Hmmm, Without hooking my scantool into it and having a wire schematic in front of me its hard to say. I have encountered 2 trucks doing what you are talking about, one being a 03 f250 with a 5.4 gas truck and the other being a 03 6.0. both ended up being the fuse box in the cab below the steering column and iirc thats the GEM module itself. The gas truck i could unhook the battery for ten minutes and it would be ok for a week or so then it would come right back doing it again.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What kind of scanner do I need to test it and what is the gem module
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.