Am I interpreting this AE scan correctly? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 02:20 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Am I interpreting this AE scan correctly?

So I have been toying around with this thing today after running trouble codes and a buzz test. I think number 7 buzzed at a little different tone but no to the point of any errors. My next adventure was to check my ICP/IPR and this is what I came up with...Let me preface by saying that I hit the pedal hard for WOT but did not floor it going up the hill so I hope that is good enough. If not then let me know.

At idle after warm my I got this
RPM 675
Injector control pressure 480
Injector control pressure duty cycle 10.16
ICPV .80

When I periodically hit the gas pretty hard going up an ok hill I got the rpms to just below 3000 (2976) with ICP at 2803 during that rpm and a duty cycle of 39.

From my novice interpretation this is good correct?
I was under the impression you did not want duty cycle over 65 under 1000 psi and I am only getting as high as 40 around 3000.
If good does it essentially "suggest" that my injector pressure/orings and HPOP are up to snuff at this time? Anything else that it suggests.

Bonus question...What would you test next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2013, 02:25 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Both your icp and IPR at wot are low. Icp volts should be around 4.5-4.7 and IPR should be 84%, when the IPR is at 84% it is commanding all the high pressure oil available (which is what you want at wot). Maybe you IPR screen is getting plugged.

Edit: at idle icp should be .8-.82 volts (480-500 psi) and IPR should be 20-24% at an idle (while hot). So I think your icp number is okay and IPR number is extremely low when idling.

Last edited by RollinEarly99; 10-21-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:54 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Just realized your engine is a 7.3 and I'm not 100% sure what icp IPR number should be on those engines. It's my fault by not paying attention to what section this was posted under but it helps to have your year of truck in the original post or better yet a little info of your truck in your signature. Good luck!
Old 10-21-2013, 02:57 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I will add that to my profile now.

It is a 2002 7.3 F250.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.