THANK YOU GEARHEADS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
THANK YOU GEARHEADS

Talking THANK YOU LARZ (GEARHEADS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanted to give a big public THANK YOU to Larz from gearheads for his wonderful customer service. I have been quite frustrated with a different chip tuner that wont service their own product. Larz was quite willing to help and had tunes emailed to me in a matter of minutes. they all work perfectly. So instead of bashing the company that WONT provide the smallest amount of customer service, I will try to stay positive and praise the one that didn't have to help but did. THANK YOU GEARHEADS FOR A GREAT PRODUCT AND WONDERFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Great first post...
Old 10-14-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgd1 View Post
Talking THANK YOU LARZ (GEARHEADS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanted to give a big public THANK YOU to Larz from gearheads for his wonderful customer service. I have been quite frustrated with a different chip tuner that wont service their own product. Larz was quite willing to help and had tunes emailed to me in a matter of minutes. they all work perfectly. So instead of bashing the company that WONT provide the smallest amount of customer service, I will try to stay positive and praise the one that didn't have to help but did. THANK YOU GEARHEADS FOR A GREAT PRODUCT AND WONDERFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Had you spent a few good minutes researching this form im sure you could have found the answers or advise you needed before you ended up working with whoever you did not like.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarportMechanic View Post
Had you spent a few good minutes researching this form im sure you could have found the answers or advise you needed before you ended up working with whoever you did not like.
Not to come off as a jerk in any way, but your comment makes no sense. The company he bought said product from would not work/help him.

Op had an issue with a tune. There is no possible way to fix his issue through this forum without talking/communicating to a tuner, especially the one he bought it from. I already have a very good idea who the company is who he may be talking about even though I have no idea who the op is.

I agree Gearhead tunes and customer service are fantastic. They are always within 24hrs of answering emails and larz is typically in the shop to answer calls. And they are only a two man show.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 10-14-2013, 03:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucorey View Post
Not to come off as a jerk in any way, but your comment makes no sense. The company he bought said product from would not work/help him.

Op had an issue with a tune. There is no possible way to fix his issue through this forum without talking/communicating to a tuner, especially the one he bought it from. I already have a very good idea who the company is who he may be talking about even though I have no idea who the op is.

I agree Gearhead tunes and customer service are fantastic. They are always within 24hrs of answering emails and larz is typically in the shop to answer calls. And they are only a two man show.

thank you for replying to that .
Old 10-14-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucorey View Post

The beginning of his post is worthless gossip relating to a company he wont name. What is the point? I understand talking up a company that has helped you and took the time to work with you, that makes since. How do you know the issue? It was his first post.....All he said was "I have been quite frustrated with a different chip tuner that wont service their own product". Do we know if he was the purchaser? No we dont.

Now maybe he should put the name out there for the public so people dont make the same mistakes.....Its not bashing a company if you post your real world results and interactions, that's called a review. This is the whole purpose of forms, to inform the other people around who is good, who isnt, what parts are good and what arent.

We dont need another thread pointing fingers at a company that will remain unnamed while talking up one company where many other threads already support his "findings".
Old 10-14-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
The beginning of his post is worthless gossip relating to a company he wont name. What is the point? I understand talking up a company that has helped you and took the time to work with you, that makes since. How do you know the issue? It was his first post.....All he said was "I have been quite frustrated with a different chip tuner that wont service their own product". Do we know if he was the purchaser? No we dont.

Now maybe he should put the name out there for the public so people dont make the same mistakes.....Its not bashing a company if you post your real world results and interactions, that's called a review. This is the whole purpose of forms, to inform the other people around who is good, who isnt, what parts are good and what arent.

We dont need another thread pointing fingers at a company that will remain unnamed while talking up one company where many other threads already support his "findings".
I'll be the one to burst the bubble. He's talking about PHP. He posted something almost identical over on PSN

He's one of the very few unsatisfied customers with PHP, so sorry to say this, but it's probably you, not PHP that is the problem. Bill and Jay are great people to work with over there and I have had great experiences with them so far. Jay has even gone so far as to helping me through his his personal phone on his personal time at 11pm on a Friday night before, which was definitely above and beyond in my opinion. I couldn't be any more happier that I'm apart of the PHP family now, and will continue to reccomend them every chance I get.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:

There is no gossip whatsoever. Gossip is third party information or mis-information. Op is the owner of said chip. So he is the purchaser. Tunes from the turner of said chip have issues. Regardless of who he bought the chip from, the tuner/company should still service their own product even if it was sold via third party. And they would not. So Gearhead hooked him up. :thumbup:

On your last paragraph, good point. Op, don't be afraid to put it out there who you had problems with. As others probably would like to know to save themselves the trouble you had. Even though you don't have many posts on here that's irrelevant to me. Many, not all, assume when a member has only a few posts they know nothing.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearntain View Post
I'll be the one to burst the bubble. He's talking about PHP. He posted something almost identical over on PSN

Bill and Jay are great people to work with over there and I have had great experiences with them so far. Jay has even gone so far as to helping me at 11pm on a Friday night before, which was definitely above and beyond in my opinion. I couldn't be any more happier that I'm apart of the PHP family now, and will continue to reccomend them every chance I get.
x2 There are a plethora of customer service complaints about many a company, and PHP has had their share as well. PHP is a low density; high demand company, and that does contribute to a certain lack of CS. To their credit, they are currently taking several steps to rectify some of the CS complaints, and Jay is an instrumental part in that. While it's not the logical way, if you send a PM to Jay (Chatham036)here about your issue, he will get back to you fairly fast.

I'm not going to make excuses for any company's poor CS, but I will say that PHP offers a super product, and things are being done to correct past complaints. Bill and Jay are both great to work with, and in the unlikely event that you have an issue, it will get fixed.

AFAIK, the "other" company being PHP is unverified rumor at this point. I just threw out the above to back up PHP as a tuner in light of the assumption that they are "them".

On topic, thank you ntgd1 for sharing your experience with GearHead. It's always great to hear good feedback about diesel vendors.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I completely agree with Macon. Spot on. I'm one of the dissatisfied customers. PHP CS is terrible. I really do hope they get they crap together because they do have a great product. Jay has been hit and miss for awhile. Time will tell.

Justin@dptuner, even though I don't run Jody's tunes, their CS seems to be pretty good, and Justin is around here often and has answered all my question in a timely manner. :thumbup:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.