LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 07-06-2008, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Whats the deal?

A buddy of mine rode in my truck for the first time today. He said that my truck should be faster than it is? He has a 97' Ford diesel, and a 03' Duramax, and he says my truck is way slower than both of his trucks! I can see the Duramax being faster, but whats going on with the 97' Ford? He has 230,000 on that truck & 35" tires. I dont really have anything to gauge my truck against, and this is my first diesel, so I dont really know how it should perform. My truck is stock, with the exception of an intake,
lift kit & 35" tires, but I do plan on getting a TW chip & a 5" straight pipe exhaust. I want to make sure my truck is right before I try to upgade it, what should I be looking at?

Tymar intake, TW chip, ITP boost fooler, HP X-over line, single 6" miter stack with slip in muffler, JW valve body, wicked wheel, 6.5" Pro Comp lift, Pro Comp traction bars, Motometal wheels, 37 x 13.50 Dick Cepek Mud Country's, Autometer gauges in quad pillar pod, Garmin GPS

Last edited by prdcustoms; 07-06-2008 at 02:21 PM.
post #2 of 24 Old 07-06-2008, 02:27 PM

Well if your running stock programming with a lift and 35's, I dont see your truck being very fast...

97 F350 7.3 Off-Road Build Locked on 42's

08 2500 Cummins
post #3 of 24 Old 07-06-2008, 03:45 PM

well stock trucks with stock tires arnt very fast so larger tires on a stock truck would be even slower but really dont see that 97 bein faster than a super duty the motors are way different what year is your truck

99.5 F-250 4X4 LARIAT
35IN. BFG KM2s
2.5 IN. LEVELING KIT
AEM AIR INTAKE
TS CHIP (TUNED BY MATT @ GEARHEAD)
GARRETT 38R TURBO
6.0 INTERCOOLER
4IN. TURBO BACK EXHAUST
CSE FAB SINGLE BLACK 8IN. SLASH CUT STACK
CCV MOD
CSE PRE PUMP KIT
TRANNY COOLER WITH FAN
CSE FAB PORTED EXHAUST FLANGE
TIM MOYE TRANSMISSION
post #4 of 24 Old 07-06-2008, 03:53 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prdcustoms View Post
A buddy of mine rode in my truck for the first time today. He said that my truck should be faster than it is? He has a 97' Ford diesel, and a 03' Duramax, and he says my truck is way slower than both of his trucks! I can see the Duramax being faster, but whats going on with the 97' Ford? He has 230,000 on that truck & 35" tires. I dont really have anything to gauge my truck against, and this is my first diesel, so I dont really know how it should perform. My truck is stock, with the exception of an intake,
lift kit & 35" tires, but I do plan on getting a TW chip & a 5" straight pipe exhaust. I want to make sure my truck is right before I try to upgade it, what should I be looking at?
well not knowing exactly what your truck is , makes a big difference , i dont see his 97 being fast either, i can see the dmax hauling the mail, if you arent running a chip and running 35's , i dont see it being very fast myself , get soem goodies and then show him

SCUFFY828@POWERSTROKE.ORG
ITS STOCK
post #5 of 24 Old 07-06-2008, 04:04 PM

he could have just been givin you a hard time

99.5 F-250 4X4 LARIAT
35IN. BFG KM2s
2.5 IN. LEVELING KIT
AEM AIR INTAKE
TS CHIP (TUNED BY MATT @ GEARHEAD)
GARRETT 38R TURBO
6.0 INTERCOOLER
4IN. TURBO BACK EXHAUST
CSE FAB SINGLE BLACK 8IN. SLASH CUT STACK
CCV MOD
CSE PRE PUMP KIT
TRANNY COOLER WITH FAN
CSE FAB PORTED EXHAUST FLANGE
TIM MOYE TRANSMISSION
post #6 of 24 Old 07-07-2008, 04:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUMMINS_KILLA99 View Post
well stock trucks with stock tires arnt very fast so larger tires on a stock truck would be even slower but really dont see that 97 bein faster than a super duty the motors are way different what year is your truck
I have an 02' with a 7.3L

Tymar intake, TW chip, ITP boost fooler, HP X-over line, single 6" miter stack with slip in muffler, JW valve body, wicked wheel, 6.5" Pro Comp lift, Pro Comp traction bars, Motometal wheels, 37 x 13.50 Dick Cepek Mud Country's, Autometer gauges in quad pillar pod, Garmin GPS
post #7 of 24 Old 07-07-2008, 04:30 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
How much weight is on the truck? Do you have any of your welding gear in the bed?

Check the boots on the turbo, intercooler and intakes, if there is oil around them remove them all clean really good with brake cleaner and put them back on, make sure they are tight.

Custom tuning for your 1994-2010 Powerstroke Diesel
Full line of performance products for all brands of diesels
05 King Ranch with some stuff on it.
post #8 of 24 Old 07-07-2008, 04:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twildman View Post
How much weight is on the truck? Do you have any of your welding gear in the bed?

Check the boots on the turbo, intercooler and intakes, if there is oil around them remove them all clean really good with brake cleaner and put them back on, make sure they are tight.

I always have between 400 & 1200 lbs on board, depending on if I'm carrying a welder, or not. On this particular day, I did not have the welder on. I know it is slowing me down a little, but enough to make a 97' be faster than me?

So your the man, huh? I feel like I'm talking to a celebrity! Whats the current lead time on getting one of your chips?

Last edited by prdcustoms; 07-07-2008 at 07:29 AM.
post #9 of 24 Old 07-07-2008, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

I just did the 10K mod, and it definently helped! Not very scientific, but before I did it, I counted my 0 - 60 time, and it was about 15 seconds. After the mod, I did it again, and came up with 11 seconds! I might be off a little on my counting, but I can't imagine I'm a whole 4 seconds off, so I am happy with that. I am going to try to put the FPR shim back in also. I took it out because I kept blowing the O ring out of the fuel filter, but have since stopped using the junk a$$ Motorcraft filters & switched to the Purolators which come with the new cap, and have had good luck so far.

post #10 of 24 Old 07-07-2008, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prdcustoms View Post
I just did the 10K mod, and it definently helped! Not very scientific, but before I did it, I counted my 0 - 60 time, and it was about 15 seconds. After the mod, I did it again, and came up with 11 seconds! I might be off a little on my counting, but I can't imagine I'm a whole 4 seconds off, so I am happy with that. I am going to try to put the FPR shim back in also. I took it out because I kept blowing the O ring out of the fuel filter, but have since stopped using the junk a$$ Motorcraft filters & switched to the Purolators which come with the new cap, and have had good luck so far.

The FPR Shim will do nothing for your HP... But did you check the pressure after you did it? The only time I see people blowing the O rings is when they shim it above 80-90 PSI... 72 is fine, any more your just over working the pump and not helping anything.

01 F-250 SC PSD,320k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100 from P.I.S, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Water injection,Hydra chip-No Limit/Gearhead tuning, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

DYNOPROVEN.COM, PERFORMANCEINJECTIONSYSTEMS.COM and RIFFRAFFDIESEL.COM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode