Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Oct 2009
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Coolant Capacity Help!!!
I did the whole Gooch's coolant flush procedure to flush all the old coolant out of my truck (draining block plugs, etc.). I installed a new water pump, thermostat, and hoses when I was done. I installed 6 gallons of coolant (3 gallons of Prestone ELC and 3 gallons of distilled water) and it shows as full. I drove the truck, and even turned my heater on to full blast. Heater is getting hot. But my degas bottle is still full with only 6 gallons in it.
I thought the truck was supposed to take more like 8 gallons of coolant/distilled water. What is the deal? Is 6 gallons actually normal, or do I need to get this thing to burp somehow? I haven't driven it a lot, but I figured I'd driven it enough to get everything flowing.
2002 F250 XLT CC 4x4
- Isspro EV gauges (Pyro, Trans temp, Boost)
- Walker BTM Muffler
- DIY Intake w/ AMSOIL 4095 washable/reusable filter
- 6.0 Liter Transmission Cooler
- '08 Kool-Vue tow mirrors
- Tuff Country 2.5" leveling kit 22962KN
- Factory F350 blocks in the rear
- Readylift 67-2094UB u-bolt kit for the rear
- Moto Metal 970 18x10's w/ -24 offset
- Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx 295/70-18's