Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

How to get thru the firewall?

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Hivolts 
#1 ·
I have searched everywhere and can't find the answer. I have a 2000 F250 6 spd trans. Is there a way to run the wires to the sending units besides drilling thru the firewall, an extra grommet somewhere that I haven't looked?

#2 ·
There's one just behind the brake pedal, at least on my auto. Its black hard plastic. I need to find one on passenger side, maybe somebody else will reply

#3 ·
there is a small rubber plug under the glove box, might have to pull the carpet back

its where i ran my heater valve vac. line threw.

#4 ·
Theres one if you pull the drivers kick panel off and pull the carpet up, its really big you wont miss it. It doesnt directly go outside you gotta kinda snake it towards the left. You will see it but there should be one on the drivers side wall like gomer pyle said but i couldnt find it(maybe because i have a 6-speed) so i just drilled.

As for the passenger side theres one right where the carpet ends, the passenger kick panel, and firewall starts. Just pull the carpet back a tad and you will see it. Unfortunately it runs right right between all the A/C components and the wheel well liner so you would have to have a way to grab the wire once you put it through the hole. For me its nice because i have the Cut out flares so i can take those off and have full access to whats behind there.

#5 ·
There are some grommets under the carpet where your feet are. The plastic piece spoken of above is where your clutch master Cylinder is. It's a great spot for us who have autos but not you manual guys. Lol

You can find the same grommets on the passenger side for board.

#7 ·
theres a set of factory wires that are already there for your convenience. Open hood and look where the fuse box is. You'll see...red, black, blue, yellow..etc. Those same wires are under your dash, next to a blue/pink wire that is a 12v (switched) supply. These set of same wires are located above the go-pedal, to the right, under the dash abit...

#11 ·
I can use these wires for my fuel pressure guage? Interesting that they would put in extra wires for our convenience. Nice

#8 ·
Do not shorten, splice or otherwise modify the pyro wires leading to the probe... unless your running EV-2 or Performax gauges.

If you shorten or modify they pyro wires it can/will throw off the readings.

#9 ·
Thanks to all. I did find the blue/pink wire after I had my wires run but I will remember that for future reference. Now I need to figure out how to get the plug out so I can screw in the fuel pressure sensor. Does anybody know what size allen it takes? Nothing I've tried works. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.