So.....why NOT buy the new edge evolution? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 10:10 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So.....why NOT buy the new edge evolution?

So.....why NOT buy the new edge evolution?
Tell me everything you guys know about the edge evolution. Good and bad.
My bro has the first generation evolution and likes it. The new one gives you the nice display for 11 different temps and pressures. It would cost a lot of money for 11 gauges.

Pros and Cons, experiences.......I'd like to hear anything and everything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Everyone on here favors customs tunes, which I agree are better but I like the edge. I know many guys who have run them and liked them....the only truck that I'd be leary running the edge on it the 6.0 due to head gaskets....If you like it, go ahead and buy it, you are right 11 gauges would cost a lot and make your cab look like a kock pit
Old 07-06-2008, 09:49 AM

Thanks Dunesrunner.
My plan was dp tuner, but I think I'd be happy with the evo.

Doesn't anyone else have an opinion? Good or bad?
Old 07-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Emergency Services

well you only really need the main gauges in my opion. boost tranny egt. i would go with the custom tunes. they are worth the money spent.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:47 AM

Here is why I like my Evo2. Installed it looks dam sexy! I dont like the pillar gauges and the EVO looks hott.

I really like that it reads codes so I can check them as soon as the CEL comes on. no waiting till I get home to wonder what the heck is going on.

It does performance tests that does not really matter to me

Powerwise, it adds power yes but is it going to give you every last bit of power that your truck can make. I would say that you will be happy with the power for a little while then you will want to get something bigger and better (like a TW or DP)

It IS NOT switch on the fly. Now this is not a big issue, but there have been times where that would have been nice to be able to switch on the fly.

I got my evo for the gauges and the looks. I got a SWEET deal on it so I could not say no. My plan in the future after adding all the other things I want would be to upgrade to a TW chip and keep the evo as gauges and a code reader

I pull my boat (about 4500 pounds) in level 3 all the time with the stock exhaust and it does just fine. If I try to drag race with my boat it hits 1300 pretty fast. Ill get some exhaust soon I hope!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:32 AM

Send a message via MSN to 03_Turbo7.3
I also have the Evo2, i LOVE the fact it has the guages i hate the after market ones all up the side of the pillar and they look nicer in a digital view, i have 4" turbo back magnaflow and the DIY intake, i run stage 3 all the time and never have any issues, you will get the odd CEL for over boost or waste gate not opening at 22psi but ive heard saftey is like 21 or something and those codes just flick on for a minute until erased. i love it and dont think ill change from it, i mean it gives tonnes of power over stock and i dont need anymore, youll be happy!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:13 AM

Get the Chip... and a Scan gauge...

Keep in mind your not getting 11 gauges with the edge, your getting three, that read of the PCM (other then the EGT) and we all know how acurate the PCM is when it comes to boost and tranny temp readings...

Edge, Superchip, Hypertech... there all in the same boat, they work, but there is far better out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.