ODOMETER TAMPERED WITH - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question ODOMETER TAMPERED WITH

I have an e99 F350 CCLB 6 spd. I bought it used with 77,000 on it a few years ago about 6 yrs. It came from North Central Minnesota. Is there anyway to find out if the odometer was tampered with. Would the PCM tell anything. If serviced by ford would they keep track of the mileage. The reason I am asking is that there is just so many things going wrong with the pickup. Rear end ,clutch, HPOP steering gear box, steering pump water pump. just put new injectors in it. new up pipes.glow plugs, I was told by the first owner that he was the only one who drove it. found out that a lot of people drove it. The vehicle now has 170,000 on it.
Any help would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

i would start with the dealer and see if they had any service records even a carfax may show the last registered mileage and other items I did all that on my 06 with 22kcause I was skeptical but it looked legit however I found it had been stolen

but ask yourself this

what are you going to do if it is over what you think ? if you have no recourse I would almost rather not know because once you do and if you sell it you have to divulge that info

or you are liable for the odometer fraud
Old 10-05-2013, 11:11 AM

I agree. You probably don't want to know. The wire that goes to the speed control sensor (I think that's what it is anyways) has been as issue on our early 99 F350. Likely it was an issue when my husband bought it as well. It's been fixed numerous times throughout the years, but still breaks quite often. The speedometer and odometer don't work when it breaks.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

post up a pic of the odometer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.