Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

I want to go fast

3K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  Locke2001-7.3 
#1 ·
How much power can I push with this truck if I do compound turbo and keep it street drivable? :burnout I willing to spend $20,000 on it. I have a duramax and a cummins that wants to race me. 02 Duramax has intake, exhaust and a banks chip on it. He told me there was no chip and I said why is your truck smokin. :rofl: 07 cummins has a intake, exhaust and bulldog pup programmer. Same thing as the other guy, he said there is no chip or anything but intake and exhaust. I can't stand when people lie to me.:tard:

I WANT A 1,000RWHP+ OK :evillol:

#2 ·
If you are willing to spend that kinda money. then i would buy a core motor and build it. All forged internals Big Injectors,Big turbo, Exhaust, Built Trans, Gauges, SCT custom tunes, Intake, Methanol Injected, And maybe a little Nitrous.. But i am sure you will get someone to join in that can help.. :thumb:

#3 ·
7.3L...1000RWHP...$20,000...:crazy:

#6 ·
Spend 20k and drop an 05 commonrail in there...

20k might beable to get you around 500 in a 7.3.....??

#9 ·
20k might beable to get you around 500 in a 7.3.....??
UUUUuuummmmmmm.

I have $13k into my truck and I could be well over 500hp if I had ordered my injectors with larger nozzles but I didn't because I wanted to be able to tow. As it is I made 488hp last Saturday and ran a 13.63 in the 1/4 with a long bed crew cab on 35's. Add another $5K to build the block with billet rods and a girdle. and I could be well into the 600hp range. So for $20K, I have no doubt you can get into the 600+ range on fuel only and maybe 750hp+ da' juice. However twin turbos run around $5K along. If you want the elusive 1000hp, you better get some more money.

#8 ·
20k used efficently might get your pretty damn close to 1000rwhp... i have seen 7.3s first hand with atlest 900.

#10 ·
I want to see the dyno sheets or the time slips.

#14 ·
okay I didnt realize it would take that much money to get our trucks to run hard, I think I am feeling a little sick, maybe I might switch to a cummins, but I dont like the dodge truck, hmmmmmmmmmm

#16 ·
YOu got the right idea....:rofl:

I talked to a shop about doing a 05 commonrail conversion and 20k gets you higher then 500:hehe:

#18 · (Edited)
If you want that much power then just do a CR swap and tell your buddies your truck is stock... or go buy a 6.0, blow their doors off, blow a head gasket or too, and spend less money :dunno:

G
#20 ·
500 can be done with under 20k pretty easily especially if you have forged rods. Some have done this w/o any major tranny work and just a converter, pump mods and valve body...

hybrids- 2000
h2e 2400
studs- 700
fuel system-1000
trans mods 2000-4000
tuning 500
intake- 50
exhaust-300-400

with forged rods you'll be able to reach 500 for 10k range imo.

#22 ·
i did say "might" and "pretty damn close". I dont know how much exactly he has invested. I just know from looking at it and talking to the guy

#25 ·
sell the truck and buy a car :hehe:

1000hp from a 7.3 good luck

#26 ·
Call Zane at Wide Open Performance in Salt Lake City, he has the quickest powerstroke in the country at 10.84ish, tell him you have 20k to spend on the truck and ask him how many ponies you can get for that.

#27 ·
I have a newbie question related to this topic. I see some references to buying a 6.0 in this thread. I understand that from the factory the 6 had many improvements over the 7.3 which generated more power stock but if money is not an issue what makes the 6.0 better than the 7.3? Wouldn't more cubic inches be better in the long run if you are investing in all the right mods that have been mentioned above? So then my further question is if money is not an problem which is the best Powerstroke to start with the 7.3, 6.0 or 6.4?

This is all academic as I can't afford any of it but I am curious.

Thanks

#28 ·
You might want to start a different thread... But what would be your plans with the truck? Just towing? Drag racing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.