Reverse lights not working - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Reverse lights not working

I have a 1999 f250 4x4 7.3l single cab long bed. I put a flat bed on it a while back and now my reverse lights stopped working and I also had the transmission built. So I'm not to sure when thye stopped working or if it was because of any of that. But I've checked the fuses and the lights are fine but for some reason when I'm in reverse I have no reverse lights. I've heard of the switch on the transmission but don't know anything about it. Any pointers will help.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

On the side of the transmission where the linkage connects is an adjustable switch. I think that's what they are talking about. Chock the wheels and put it in reverse. Then adjust that until the lights come on. Unless there is another one on the column that's the only one I know of.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok I know where that's at, I looked at it and the way it looks to me is a piece you can turn in the middle with a line through the center then right on the outside of that there is a little white ring, and it also has a small line in it then a bigger one that looks like the one on the main piece you turn. The main piece is lined up with the smaller dash on the white ring. Is what your telling me is that it is suppose to be lined up with the bigger line. Or should I just try it an see if it works?
And also do I have to take it off or anything to adjust it or should it move right now if I stuck a flathead in it
Old 09-25-2013, 04:30 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
As long as the the gear select indicator is on the correct letter (P,R,N...etc) than you don't need to adjust it at the column. Just adjust at the trans like indicated in the post above me.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok so I just got under my truck. Had the key in the on position but not started. Put the truck in reverse and when I looked under it the two dashes were not lined up so I lined them up, but all that did was put the indicator on the dash from the R (reverse) to N (neutral). So either I'm not getting what your saying and doing it wrong or it's something else possibly? I sure appreciate all the help, and pointers though because eventually I'll get down to the reason why. I took a few pictures but I don't know how to upload them
Old 09-26-2013, 08:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I also have my lights wired through a junction box, that's how semi's and big trucks are weird and it's the cleanest way to have them all wired to my flat bed. But I believe when we did it we used the trailer plug wires to do it. So idk if that could have something to do with it or what. But I've also heard of a back up light switch on the transmission, so I googled it and I'm not sure if it's for my year truck or what but all it looks like is two little prongs the plug into it somewhere on the transmission, could that be it or do I not have that?
Old 09-28-2013, 04:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Is it the factory reverse lights that aren't working or an extra set that you have hooked up? Did you re wire the oem lights to a junction box? Your last post had me a bit confused.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
flat bed, lights, reverse

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.