Does my truck have factory keyless entry? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 11:37 AM
***mins Sell-out

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chewbacca Send a message via Skype™ to Chewbacca
Does my truck have factory keyless entry?

It's a 99.5 Lariat, but I only got one key from the dealership when I bought it. Was it standard, or an option? Can I just buy a ford remote and program it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Berm Buster

You would prolly have to call the dealer and give them the VIN number. There really is no way to test for it. The dealer will be able to tell you.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You don't have the original window sticker by any chance do you? That will tell you for sure.

If it's a lariat I would think it should have it, but you would have to check for sure.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:42 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Turn your truck on then off 8 or 10 times really quick. Pause on the 8th (or 10th, I forget) time with the truck in the ON position. If the truck automatically locks and unlocks, you have keyless entry. If you were to have a remote handy, you'd press any button on the remote now, then turn the truck to off. Then the remote would be fully programmed to that truck. Don't do it if you have any other Ford remotes around. They could get programmed to the truck. Did that on accident once.... LOL
Old 06-12-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaairman View Post
Turn your truck on then off 8 or 10 times really quick. Pause on the 8th (or 10th, I forget) time with the truck in the ON position. If the truck automatically locks and unlocks, you have keyless entry. If you were to have a remote handy, you'd press any button on the remote now, then turn the truck to off. Then the remote would be fully programmed to that truck. Don't do it if you have any other Ford remotes around. They could get programmed to the truck. Did that on accident once.... LOL
Shoot, I forgot about that procedure, I did a similar one to shut off the automatic lock function when you go over 5 or 10 mph, good idea.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaairman View Post
Freakin Great call man, I have an 04 and No remote, So I can go find a remote and do this?. Cool
Sorry to
Old 06-13-2008, 01:55 AM
Powerstroke Techie

I too only got one key and no remote when I bought my truck. I bought 2 remotes on eBay for around $10 and did the key on/off 5 or 8 times trick and programmed them both. Before I bought them I cycled the key to make sure my truck had the option and the locks cycled so I went ahead and bought them. Dealer wanted something like $65 each for the remotes and programming. Worked great for a couple years until I got the remote start system for like $35 on eBay. Haven’t used the ford remotes since. Being a Lariat I would be very surprised if it didn’t have keyless entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedyboy487 View Post
You would prolly have to call the dealer and give them the VIN number. There really is no way to test for it. The dealer will be able to tell you.
Oh yee of little DIY faith, never say no way or dealer only.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:43 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanH View Post
Freakin Great call man, I have an 04 and No remote, So I can go find a remote and do this?. Cool
Sorry to
Test to make sure you have the keyless entry first, then get the remote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.