Stock Fuel System Discussion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 09:51 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stock Fuel System Discussion

The stock fuel system is pretty basic but I have a question about it. Both of the fuel rails are "dead-headed" as there is an entry of fuel but no return. Because of this, many of our trucks have a different injector, #8, to help it get fuel. The #6 injector supposedly "robs" #8 from getting fuel causing cackle. The even injectors are on the driver's side which the fuel is fed from the front of the rail at injector #2.

If this is true then the passenger side should have the same problem but all of the odd injectors are the same. The fuel is fed from the back, opposite of the evens, in injector #7 to injector #1. Why doesn't injector #1 need to be different if injector #8 does? (being that these injectors are both the farthest from the fuel feed)

Anyone know the answer?

Last edited by 01f25073; 09-14-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It has to do with the Firing Order (1-2-7-3-4-5-6-8) Because 6 & 8 are sequential and located right-next to one another...
Old 09-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

If you don't want to spend the money for a RR system you can install a crossover line that will help balance out the fuel pressure load. Some say it makes a world of difference and others none, but common sense tells you it must help, even if just a little. I have had mine in the box it came in for over a year now, I really need to slap that thing on before Winter gets here.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:46 AM

NC, I replaced my HPOP (among a lot of other things) this past week and the HPOP I bought did not have the check valve springs in the hose fittings. Because of this, the instructions stated to remove any HPOP crossover line as the removal of the check valves accomplished the same thing. If this is true, then why couldn't you remove the check valves going into the fuel rails to also accomplish the same thing?
Old 09-16-2013, 03:35 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01f25073 View Post
the instructions stated to remove any HPOP crossover line as the removal of the check valves accomplished the same thing.
That just can't be true....

They are two completely different functions.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01f25073 View Post
If this is true, then why couldn't you remove the check valves going into the fuel rails to also accomplish the same thing?
I want to say, they 9cv's) have something to do with the split shot injectors...so the pulse doesnt backfeed into the bowl or something to that nature.

For what its worth, i removed mine.(cv's)..didnt notice anything outta the norm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.