New truck, starting on my wish list. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New truck, starting on my wish list.

Hey all. Just bought a 2002 CCSB SRW f350 PSD Lariat. Only 107k miles and the truck is bone stock. Wanting to change that last bit haha
Im wanting to start out with a diy tymar and an exhaust amd gauges.
Im interested in an MBRP 4" turbo back single exit exhaust system and was wondering where the best place to buy is or if there are any vendors on the site who can give some good deals.
Planning on getting a boost, pyro, and trans temp gauge. Any preferences out there and why?
Wanting to get it chipped later on, after gauges and i feel like i know the baseline of the truck, and seem to hear a consensus on a dp tuner. Which dp? Where to get tunes?
Im new at this. My first diesel truck. So dont flame the newb!
Appreciate everyone on the site. Learned alot from lurking. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2013, 05:08 AM
Serving Our Country!

Heres where i got mine.... MBRP Ford 7.3L Diesel Exhaust Systems and if you enter diesel10 you get 10% off
Old 09-06-2013, 05:20 AM

Nice find and you sound like you are on the right track with your mods wish list and the order of which you are doing them. The php hydra is the chip getting great reviews. I have a 6 position php Phoenix chip and am very happy with it for $300. The hydra can have tunes from multiple tuners loaded on it and there are spots for 15 tunes.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Powerstroke Junkie

Congrats on a fine truck. First thing to get is gauges, this will allow you to derive a good baseline so you can see how all future mods affect your truck. I only recommend ISSPRO Gauges. If you want a great price on their EV gauges and A Pillar pod shoot me a PM and I will give you the contact info.

Unless you are planning on going over 400 ponies there is really no need in going to a larger exhaust plumbing. If your current exhaust is rusted out than it is cheaper to buy a new 4" system than replacing the stock 3.5 system, this is true because there is no many people making them. If/when mine needs replacing I will be using the MBRP system. The problem with the stock system isn't the size of plumbing that was the issue. The issue was the crappy offset muffler they used which necked down the stock 3.5 even further. Replace the factory muffle with a straight through design, like the BTM ( big truck muffler) from Napa, and you will flow plenty of air with the right intake. Again if you are not planning on over 400 ponies I highly recommend the Ford AIS intake. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will filter better and the extra air flow is just a huge bonus. The best part is it looks stock under the hood. If you are on a budget look at the 6637 filter that many use and does a decent job of filtration and it will flow more air than you will likely ever need.
I would also highly recommend using a coolant filter and change the front rotors out with the Powerslot/Hawks LTS combo, then replace the front brake lines with SS lines to really firm up the factory pedal. When installing the coolant filter it is a good time to switch to a true ELC coolant and switch the upper rad hose to the one used on a dual alternator set up so it will route around the fan belt instead of through it. As for TUNES? I am a huge fan of DP tunes, best place to get them is directly from Jody and Dianne themselves. As for which tunes, you need tell us or DP how you use your truck and you will get more accurate recommendations. If you have a auto trans put a tuned valvebody in it before you get the tunes, and be sure to tell the tuner you have done this so they provide the correct tunes.
Have Fun!!!
NCH
Old 09-06-2013, 01:17 PM

I was just on the diesel manor site looking at the isspro ev2 gauge kit they have there for 460. Alot to spend...
Is the full kit worth the money?
And i dont really knownif i want the pillar. I really like having clear site lines infront of me to see. Was looking more at an under dash. And what is the f650 dash that people talk about?
Old 09-06-2013, 01:39 PM

650 dash just has more switches and stuff on it.

isspros are good.
i bought all of my autometers separately off ebay including the pod for less than 300.
if you dont want the A-pillar pod you can get one that mounts underneath, or they make a mount by the rear view mirror.

i just got 4 inch diamond eye exhaust for my dads truck 258$. alligator performance, they are a vendor here.

6637 intake kit from riffraff is like 80 bucks.
Ford AIS is good, i like my S&B intake also.

then php phoenix 6 pos chip is 300 bucks.

then if you get compressor/turbo surge you can get a new billet compressor wheel from bd, dieseliste, riffraff. these compressor wheels actually increase boost, lower egts etc.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:52 PM

When you bought the gauges off ebay, did everything for the install come with them?
Old 09-06-2013, 03:04 PM

ya they were all brand new.
i bought sport comp gauges, they have sport comp 2 as well.
if you buy them all separate they are much cheaper. even though i bought them all from the same individual.

when buying egt gauge make sure the probe for the sensor is included.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.