Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

fuel bowl question

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  timmyboy76 
#1 ·
If I have the infamous fuel bowl drain leak will it cause enough low pressure in the bowl to cause a bit of white smoke at WOT?

#3 ·
It's dripping pretty steady I figured that as I start using more throttle the pressure would build and leak more through the drain

#5 ·
I deleted my fuel bowl when I did my Strictly Diesel RR. Best thing I have done to the truck so far. Now I do not worry about a leaking fuel bowl and have better filtration than ever along with getting rid of the "dead head" design.

#7 ·
Yes, and recently it's been getting worse. I just ordered a complete fuel bowl seal kit from riffraff so I am going to replace everything and be sure there is no pressure drop due to any leaks. I have noticed my truck lacking a little on the power and kind of rocking after stopping sometimes

#8 ·
well, got the fuel bowl completely resealed and cleaned. and no more puddle under the truck, and no more powerloss/white smoke. :) Guess there was enough pressure drop to notice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.