stolen truck found!!!! hells to the yeah - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 06:39 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
stolen truck found!!!! hells to the yeah

So I found my baby last night. The dumbasses were still driving it around. Seen it at a gas station. Called 911 and followed em til cops showed up. Funny thing is there was an 04 f250 following em. Which was also reported stolen. 2 white males and 1 white female arrested. Stereo system is gone. Also no 4 wheeler or pistol. Cops said the female and one of the males were gonna provide info and who they were working with as well as possible locations of my 4 wheeler. But the inside is a mess. Gonna have to pull seats out and give a deep cleansing for sure. I just hope they didnt hot rod it to bad and screw up any thing under the hood. Gonna go get it today from impound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2013, 06:46 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
congrats!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 06:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

did they nab both trucks ?

good for you getting your own stuff back ! and doing it the legal way ,, but you probably had no choice since they had your weapon ,, Cough
Old 08-31-2013, 06:55 AM

The police recovered both trucks.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:00 AM

I always wonder if Id want my truck back or if it would be better if it just went away. Id be a nervous wreck with every squeak every tick.....Id have to completely go over the truck.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Congrats! Very happy for you. my best friends Ram Daytona was stolen a few years ago and recovered. It had been beat and taken through the woods. He traded shortly after it came out of the shop. He said he couldn't enjoy driving it again, felt like it and he were both so violated. I hope your truck is ok.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:21 AM

Awesome! Congrats! I love to hear one of these stories have a happy ending.

The cops catching these idiots is another bonus too!
Old 08-31-2013, 09:06 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Awesome that you spotted your own truck and recovered it!! Good Work!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:07 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
GLAD to hear you got your rig back. Most of us WILL be hit at some point - just the fact of having something nice.
The FIRST time mine was hit was in my driveway and....well let's just say gun play was involved. I kept my rig only having to replace my window and lost one of my pistols to the Sh!TTY Houston Police Department (DID I mention I now HATE Police?) for just over a year while they ballistics tested it......um ok. I was the one with the window knocked out of my rig and the gun play over the rig was in MY yard. The gun I shot with I purchased NEW.

The SECOND time they wanted the whole rig. My wife took it to work and the maintenance guy walked into the office and asked who owned the big black truck in the parking lot......yeah. They punched my door lock, tore all of my alarm wiring out (with every other wire they could grab), had it in neutral and were trying to hotwire it before scared off. The four of them jumped into their car and took off and my rig just rolled into the middle of the parking lot.

The lessons I have learned is EXPECT to get hit. Don't leave a DAMN thing in it for them. ESPECIALLY a gun. And if you do catch them in the act - even if you're in your yard and exchange gunfire - expect the sorry azz police to take YOUR gun for awhile. THAT DAY I lost ALL respect for "law enforcement." - oxymoron.

Good luck putting your rig back together.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So the moral of that story is never drive your own vehicle in Houston. If you do, park next to Rodslinger because the thieves will probably hit his truck and leave yours alone due to his terrible luck.

On a more serious note, my 00 was stolen from the PO back when I lived in San Diego, CA. They found the truck in Tijuana mostly intact. Off the top of my head it was missing the air filter, factory radio, air compressor, CB and had a few small dents/scratches. It took the Ford dealer about 6 months to repair the truck and they completely missed the slashed carpet from the thieves taking the CB antenna cable and the weatherstripping missing from one door. I still worry about the truck, especially when a car's headlights catch the blowby from the CCV at a stop light.

Your lucky to get your rig back. Start thinking about ways to immobilize it while parked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.