Any one in Columbus, Ohio area? buzz test - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 07:59 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any one in Columbus, Ohio area? buzz test

hi
i am looking for a good mech who is willing to help a fellow powerstroker out. i live in the columbus, ohio area, about 20min north. i am stuck bc i have an ok income but cant be dumping money into this thing just bc.....i want to figure out problem so i can fix it myself but not luck. and i am hesitant on taking to dealership and them telling me i need to give them an arm and leg to get truck back running smooth or them putting parts that arent needed into it.
i am having issues with my truck i have posted several threads trying to figure this out, and several discussing options on what to do if i figure this out

here are some:
00' f350 missing and sputtering

Injector upgrades, stage 3 hybrid??

whats all done to truck: banks big head waste gate, gen 2 whicked wheel, 4" TB exhaust, 6637 DIY air intake system, TS 6 position chip (standard TS tunes), Autometer gauges (trans temp EGT and boost).

so here is the issue, at idle it runs smooth then hops, miss, sputter or skip. what ever you want to call it. not a smooth running idle. also when i accelerate it accelerates good then falls on its face, skips, runs like **** then goes back to normal with in a matter of 10secs. at high RPMs it doesnt do anything that i call here or feel. while coasting at about 15mph @ idle, then i can accelerate with rpm @ 1500-2000 and once it hits 1600rpm it chugs, sputters or misses then goes back to normal.........
i am in desperate need bc there is also another issue with the EBPV not opening and closing correctly. i believe this bc when its cold it has not power builds boost like chit then once it gets warm its like it flips a switch and power and boost come back. (last issue was happening before or right before the chitty idle problem

thanks
shea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2013, 08:01 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

here are videos ive taken to try to explain what i am talking about
Old 08-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
Im in Chillicothe... there is a very good mechanic about an hour or so from you. if you live in sunburry hes up by canton... shoot me a pm ill get you his info....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.