BOOST LEAKS & HI EGT'S - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 07:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question BOOST LEAKS & HI EGT'S

I have an e99 F350 CCLB 4x4.I've been chasing low boost and hi egt's since I've owned the pickup. The max I ever saw on the boost gauge was about 24lbs. and the egt's climb pretty fast. The truck has a t500 HPOP, 4" turbo back exhaust,6637 filter, coolant filter new IC boots.fuel cross over line, oil cross over line,a simple RR,new radiator & water pump. new ebpv and tube. South Bend 350 clutch. Billet thermostat housing & thermostat from diesel site. Where should I start to look for the boost leaks. On the EGT's my up pipes have a very small amount of blow by.
Forgot to add that I have a DP F5 tuner. I run it in mostly 60 hp econo tune. Will be getting full force injectors installed shortly. Probably have the up pipe gasket replaced. Don't know about replacing the up pipes with the cost of the injectors and have over $7000 in hail damage .might have to wait a bit on the uppipes. Thankfully it was covered by insurance
Thanks

Last edited by COP-OUT; 08-21-2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: added parts I forgot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 07:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
On a pretty much stock injectors/turbo and no tunes that's about all you'll ever see.

As for leaks, check all the boots in the intake system. Upper/lower Spider boots and intercooler boots.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 08-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

if everything is clamped on straight id say up pipes.

what temps are you seeing it rise too?
and how quickly does it get their
Old 08-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

well over 1300, but I back out of it when I see the EGT's climbing that fast. They climb real fast even with an empty truck in the 60 hp econo mode.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:37 PM

ya something isnt right. i can hit go WOT to 100 and i just get around to 1300 degrees. and thats on 120 race.

i also know dp tunes run hotter than php tunes .

culprit is usually up pipe gaskets are gone/deteriorated, especially since these trucks aren't new anymore.

my friend has the same issue on his pickup. so when he gets back from national guard training hes getting new up pipes.

did you talk to jody at dp tuner and see if you need your tunes rewritten for the t-500?

and with dp tuner you should be seeing 26-30 psi of boost.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Question

I talked to Jody a couple of weeks ago. Ordered some Full force injectors from him. He told he that with the T500 hpop and what I'm running it should be Ok. but after I get the injectors installed, I'm sending in the chip to get programed for the new injectors. Nice thing about ordering it from him is that he re tunes it for nothing but shipping.
I'm leaning towards the up pipes. There is barely any visible blow by on the up pipes. the truck has 170000 on it and I bought it with 77,000 on it from the original owner about 5 years ago.
Question about boost. Is the boost is made in the intake track, so if there's leaking up pipes or worn out IC boot that could be a cause. The IC boots were replaced not too long ago with Riff Raff boots.
Thanks
Old 08-21-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COP-OUT View Post
Question about boost. Is the boost is made in the intake track, so if there's leaking up pipes or worn out IC boot that could be a cause. The IC boots were replaced not too long ago with Riff Raff boots.
Thanks
Yup, if your not creating exhuast pressure throught he uppies, to turn the exhaust wheel of the turbo, then the intake wheel (compressor) wheel, isnt sucking in air and forcingthrought he IC pipes.

I think im havingthis problem too...12# with redline hooked / 14# w/out redline. Just ordered the rockauto bellows for 200 buks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.