Php tunes screwed up? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 09:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Php tunes screwed up?

i got my ts burned through ktperformance with custom php tunes for my 160/80 stage 2's, i currently have a stock turbo and the first 2 tunes are for my current setup, the last 4 are for a gtp38r(whenever i get one). Fedex lost my package on the way back after 3 weeks of waiting already, then it took an aditional 5 weeks to finally get my package. I installed it and my truck goes pretty good but it should have more, it only builds 19-21 lbs no matter what on ANY setting and barley smokes even on the 38r settings, before my build with just a chip it built 26 lbs WTF! What should i do? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

either call kt or php about it.

it crossed my mind you might be defueling but your boost numbers are to low for that to even happen...
maybe check out the wastegate, i would do a couple runs with the red line unplugged and see what happens.(make sure you plug it after you take it off, i used a bolt on the IC clamp)

something def. isnt right though.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:26 AM

I used to have that issue and it crossed my mind too but I remembered hearing that php used the map for tuning and they dont delete it, but who knows. I haven't touched my turbo since it built 26 lbs before anything and ill try the red wire and see what happens. The only other thing I could think of is that the knob is broken and stuck in the first tune cause I cant really notice a difference in any other tune except slightly more black haze on the last tune, Thanks.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:31 AM

Also if i'm coasting down a hill in gear for over like 10ish seconds then push my clutch in to downshift or coast w/o being in gear my truck quickly dips below idle to like 500 rpm then comes back up, it has always done this, could that be inadequate icp? also if i am sitting in nutral and rev it at a steady 2000ish rpm then let off it slightly dips below idle too, like an obs with 300000k. But the trucks still very fast.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Contact Jay at PHP, I'm sure he can get it figured out for ya. My truck when it drops down too idle it dip's down to around 500rpm's then back up to the normal around 700rpm's but I don't feel any affects of it doing that.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:39 PM

Unplugged the red wire and it builds about 27 lbs it still gets a cel and defuels
Old 08-27-2013, 04:36 AM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

You need a boost fooler. Contact Jay or Bill about it. They will get you straight. You can pm Jay

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
7.3, low boost, php, stage 2, tuning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.