Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Riffraff HPX Slight Disappointment

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Quickhorse 
#1 · (Edited)
Riffraff HPX NICE PRODUCT with Slight Disappointment

Found some time to do a few things to the truck yesterday, Fixed a thermostat housing leak, replaced degas bottle and installed Riffraff hpx, the high press oil crossover is a nice setup but I was disappointed that it have with fittings that said "CHINA" on them!!!! (On the plus side it did not leak!!)

I am always happy to pay a little extra for higher quality stuff that keeps Americans working! Don't want to start an arguments because I know a lot of new "American" cars have many imported parts but they have to try to keep cost down to compete, BUT I went to look at a new Escape for the girlfriend, Country of origin of the ecoboost engine: Spain! and I know the new diesel is assembled in Mexico. Ticks me oFF, rant over.

#2 ·
There are some fittings that are not made in America, PERIOD... I know Clay and he is going to do his best to find something American made.

#5 ·
Yeah, I am sure you are right... a quality shop like Riffraff would most likely use the US stuff if it was available! Would be nice to be warned, so much of his stuff says "Made in USA" that I guess I just assumed it all was. And as you said good luck going to the hardware store and finding bolts and hardware made in the US.

Clay if you read this... NO DISRESPECT!!!

#3 ·
So let me get this straight... You are going to complain about a made in china fitting, not even knowing if there is a quality made in the USA one that could possibly be used. Have you called and talked to Riffraff about it? Maybe researched and found the US fitting and let them know about it? Or are you just trying to fill a Saturday morning by posting uninformed drivel that clutters up the forum? Funny how you give the vehicle manufacturer a pass, but throw up a thread on an aftermarket company.

While you research maybe you should notice that your "USA" truck has wiring from Mexico, glow plug relay from Spain, valve cover gaskets are from China, turbo from Taiwan, and headlights from Australia, just to name a few. Perhaps in your free time you should contact Ford Motor Company and give them advice on the subject as well...

#4 ·
EASY KILLER.. I didn't say I hate they place and i wasn't going to buy from them anymore... I did not contact them and Yes I know that they have a lot of American made products! I should have asked before I bought, I normally do so.
All I said is that I was disappointing, am I not allowed to be dissapointed without being a super douche bad butt mouth??? I used it and its a great product, still sucks to see china fittings... thats all.

Oh and I was on my work brake on my Saturday morning... thanks for posting, keep buying Chinese stuff buddy!

#6 ·
I think the issue is your title, It kinda leads to there is something wrong with the product. When there isn't anything wrong.

#7 ·
I was thinking that also, I attempted to change it but it looks like it won't change it on the main forum.

#10 ·
It definitely quiets the motor down some... My girlfriend noticed it was quieter and I hadn't even told her I did anything to the truck.

#9 ·
It does seem a little quieter, but I also installed the seal around the steering shaft in the firewall the other day so it's hard to tell. I feel better knowing that its there, and it sealed up without leaks so I'm happy with it! Worth the $55 for sure, even it's hard to tell its there. I mean really think what you can spend $50 on now days, I just spent $50 for my dogs crap to be "examined" by a vet to make sure she doesn't have worms or what not. She is an awesome rescue dog so it's worth it. But ya what you think about it I just paid someone to look at dog crap!!
Ok ebay I was attempting to say is that the $55 for the hpx is a good deal! Although if he has one with USA fittings I would be happy to pay more!
Here is the one who's turd cost me $50!!

#12 ·
pulling the check valves out of the HPOP gave me the same results as adding a line..only diff was it didn't cost me $$$..

#14 ·
un hook the lines from the pump.. take out the fittings then pull out the check valves.. with new orings..put the fittings and lines back on....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.