truck is a turd off the line - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 03:32 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
truck is a turd off the line

From a dead stop my trucks acceleration off the line is horrible. Once my rpms get to about 2100 itll start to go. My high end and mid range acceleration is good. But if I have to pull out on the highway and get on it right away im screwed. Its almost like theres a delay from the time I hit the gas to when it actually starts to really go. Its been like that even before I put all my mods on.i am planning to throw a BTS transmission in. Will that maybe solve whats goin on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

do you have gauges to idicate what your boost psi is? Is your EBPV still there?
Old 08-07-2013, 11:44 AM

Well when I was in houston a couple months ago I wss hitting 24 25psi with the stock turbo and injectors no custom tune. Now im in denver and on my street tune and the addition of whats on my sig on hitting that. Some say the thin air will effect it as well. But my slow start off has always been an issue. Im pretty sure the guy removed my ebpv when he was puttin all that crap on
Old 08-07-2013, 12:09 PM

A 7.3L with STOCK injectors and turbo along with stock programming will NOT make 24 PSI. The most you will see on a STOCK rig is about 16 +/- PSI. I do not believe you were making 24 PSI with what you said you were running at that time.

These trucks take a second to get going unless you have a stick and can build some RPM's before you lay into it. But even with a stick if i just drive like normal and punch it in low RPM's it take a second to get goin. It aint a gasser, the turbo needs time to spool but if your truck is really waiting till about 2100 RPM's to get goin then i would think you have an issue somewhere.

You should be able to create boost numbers in the mid 30's easily with the mods you have listed in your sig if not higher.

You also did not mention how much boost you are seeing now....only what you saw before the upgrades.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:18 PM

Ok im just goin by what my boost gauge was showing. And with just a factory turbo and injectors. Afe stage 2. 4in exhaust and a ts chip with can tunes I was getting 24 psi boost. That was in houston. It dropped to 18 here in denver. Added the 38r. Ww2. 238/100 injectors and adrenaline hpop and retuned chip with gearhead it went up to 25psi. Idc what you believe im just.giving you the info thats presented to me.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:04 AM

he didnt see that you were running a ts chip easy mistake.

25 psi is way low you should be getting 35-40 psi of boost.

did you get the wrong tunes by mistake? or just boost leaking out somewhere
Old 08-08-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompa00 View Post
Ok im just goin by what my boost gauge was showing. And with just a factory turbo and injectors. Afe stage 2. 4in exhaust and a ts chip with can tunes I was getting 24 psi boost. That was in houston. It dropped to 18 here in denver. Added the 38r. Ww2. 238/100 injectors and adrenaline hpop and retuned chip with gearhead it went up to 25psi. Idc what you believe im just.giving you the info thats presented to me.
And I was just going by what you stated in your post. Stock injectors, stock turbo and no custom tunes. ANYTHING other than stock is custom. You did not mention having a chip.

This is why a mechanic will never diagnose your issues over the phone or through email. Lack of customer knowledge and information.

But yes you will create less boost in higher altitudes, especially a mile above sea level. Air is thinner therefore creating less CFM's which in turn will raise your EGT's and give you lower boost levels. Also why its important to give your tuner your altitude that you live at or drive at most the time.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:10 AM

A mechanic will never diagnose over email or phone because they would have trouble charging for it.

Not all of them of course, but most of them I wouldn't even trust to change my brakes. The lack of knowledge you refer to is not restricted to just the vehicle owner. Especially on theses modified trucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.